Still a few seats available for the next Silverlight Tour stop in Montreal, come and learn top Silverlight content from local experts!!!
- What: Silverlight training
- When: November 21-24 (4 days)
- Where: Montreal, Qc
Also note that we offer a free license of Telerik's RadControls for Silverlight to every attendee ($999 value)!!
For more information on RadControls, visit:
We talked about:
1. The Windows 8 experience
2. What’s new in Silverlight 5
3. WinRT – the new cross-language Windows client platform
4. Building a Metro Style app with XAML
5. Building portable libraries for cross-platform apps
I think attendees appreciated that we let them play with the new Windows 8 tablet…
Download the demos:
(requires Silverlight 5 RC)
This time, I refrain myself from doing this kind of jokes:
This week in Ottawa, I did a full day workshop on Silverlight, as a pre-conference of the DevTeach Canadian event.
I showed how to build from scratch a business application, from the Db to the UI, covering these topics:
- Entity Framework
- WCF RIA Services
- Sécurity (users and roles)
- MVVM and Command
- Animations, Styles and ControlTemplate in Blend
- Silverlight Spy tool (www.silverlightspy.com)
Get my slides
Get the code
The app I built is from the MS hands-on-labs, you can get all the word doc and vs files there:
If you are interested to learn more on Silverlight don’t forget the Silverlight Tour Training, a four-day course on Silverlight 5 with VS2010 and Blend.