Question I start to hear often: where to find good online resource for Metro UX design guidelines ?
1. Well, when first going to MSDN you’ll find this page “Designing Metro style apps” which I find a bit harsh (hello pictures?):
2. Far better is the “UX guidelines for Metro style app development” article on the Blend Insider blog, which in fact is a well organized list of MSDN links grouped by topics:
3. And then, this awesome “Windows 8 Touch Guidance” document by Microsoft:
Still trying to figure out what’s changing in the Microsoft development platform ?
How to deal with .NET, Silverlight, Windows 8, WinRT and Metro style apps in 2012…?
I strongly recommend reading those documents for clear recommendations:
White Paper by Magenic: Assessing the Windows 8 Development Platform
The Microsoft Platform Guide byTelerik:
This interesting article tries to answer the question: which technology to choose right now depending on my project? It will be updated later for Windows 8…
I am very happy to release a set of 8 websites dedicated to trainings on the latest Microsoft Technologies, all grouped in one portal: www.tourtrainings.com
Right now you can explore:
- HTML5 & ASP.NET MVC: www.html5-tour.com
- Windows 8: www.windows8-tour.com
- UX Design: www.uxdesign-tour.com
- SharePoint: www.sharepoint-tour.com
- Xbox Kinect: www.kinect-tour.com
- Azure: www.azure-tour.com
- Windows Phone: www.windowsphone-tour.com
- Team Foundation Server: www.teamfoundation-tour.com
We expect to progressively provide more and more content delivered by technical experts in a city near you. Stay tuned!
You can follow us: