Day 2 keynote of the BUILD conference was more focused on developer-oriented technologies. Great speakers such as Scott Guthrie, Scott Hanselman, Josh Twist and Jason Zander did multiple demos with live coding, showing the latest features of the Windows Azure Platform as it is now a solid complementary offering for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 apps.
- Windows Azure Web Sites now supports .NET Framework 4.5 and Python.
- Release of the Azure Store preview, a catalog of Azure-based third-party add-ons.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services now supports Windows Phone 8 (in addition to Windows 8 and iOS), a demo showed how to quickly setup this cloud-based data services, add authentication using multiple providers, push notifications to both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
- Windows Azure Media Services to easily upload, encode, publish and stream video to Win8, WP8, Xbox, iOS, Mac or Android...
- More enterprise oriented services on Azure: extending Office (SharePoint as a back-end), service bus, identities (federation).
Learn more on: www.windowsazure.com
Notable announcement of day 2:
- Team Foundation Service is now available! (The new url for what used to be TFSPreview is now http://tfs.visualstudio.com). Pricing will be announced in 2013, but we already know that a free option is offered:
Watch the entire keynote online:
Read the full transcript: