Good news, Enterprise Library 3.0 has just shipped!
This new release of Enterprise Library includes (bold = new):
- Caching Application Block
- Cryptography Application Block
- Data Access Application Block
- Exception Handling Application Block
- Logging Application Block
- Policy Injection Application Block
- Security Application Block
- Validation Application Block
It also comes with an Application Block Software Factory to create new blocks, and a Visual Studio-integrated Configuration Editor to edit Enterprise Library configuration files directly within Visual Studio.
Another good news is there are no breaking changes in the core APIs and upgrading existing Enterprise Library 2.0 applications should just be a matter of replacing the DLLs and updating the version numbers in the configuration files.