Becoming A Blue Badge

Published 18 March 05 08:58 AM | mhawley

So today marks my two week notice to my current employer, Integrity Technology Solutions. Over the last two months, I’ve been interviewing with Microsoft and have accepted an offer for an Application Developer position in the SMS&P division (which, if you don’t know, is their Small & Medium Sized Businesses & Partner Program division).

Wow, its been such a journey to finally make it to my life long dream company, in fact it’s still a dream to me that I even got an offer. I personally set out in January to just submit my resume just so I couldn’t say I never did, and now my fiance and I will be making the westward-bound trek to Washington.

As far as my interviewing – 10 interviews, including 1 screening call, 2 phone interviews & 7 on site interviews, it was one hell of an arduous journey. I do have to say that the interview process was more hype in the community than it actually was. I didn’t get any crazy questions like “how many manhole covers are there in NY city” – but, I did receive 2 brain teasers.

So yeah, my last day is April 1, with a new start date of April 11. We’ll be moving probably on April 5 & 6th out to our temporary housing until we find more of a permanent residence. So, if your out there at the MS campus, maybe we’ll bump into each other. I’d definitely like to meet any of my MS readers, so you can always get in touch with me using the contact link to the left.

I will definitely be posting more about the entire process later, I just wanted to finally get the global world aware that I’ve gone to heaven, so to speak.

Filed under:

Comments

# Steve Hall said on March 18, 2005 12:11 PM:

Congrats! (I'm sssooooooo jealous!)

We EXPECT that you will continue blogging, but maybe over at blogs.msdn.com, eh?

Have fun!

# Scott Galloway said on March 18, 2005 12:21 PM:

Congratulations - hope eWorld UI will still continue ;-) Just had an interview for an MS role myself today...can't stand the suspense...

# Eric Maino said on March 18, 2005 12:23 PM:

Congratulations! I recently went through the interview process my self. Where are you moving from?

# Robert Hurlbut said on March 18, 2005 12:36 PM:

Congratulations! Good luck at the new place ... :)

# Ryan Whitaker said on March 18, 2005 02:06 PM:

Congrats, Matt! You're going to rock the world over there. I don't see you in SMS&LOLTTFNYMMV for too terribly long, though, as you seem destined for something closer to the main development product lines. It'll still be awesome, though. I look forward to your MS stories! Good luck.

# Matt Hawley said on March 18, 2005 02:08 PM:

Ryan - Thats my actual goal, is to get into the ASP.NET product team. Thanks for your kind comments!

# timh said on March 18, 2005 02:09 PM:

welcome aboard matt...look forward to seeing good things out of you!

# Cleve Littlefield said on March 19, 2005 12:04 AM:

Congratulations Matt! Welcome to the team...! Don't worry, it is fun and challenging even if it is not a product group... ;-)

# Dave Bost said on March 19, 2005 12:44 AM:

Congratulations, Matt. We're going to miss you at the Chicago dinners. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are progressing.

# Jon Galloway said on March 19, 2005 06:24 AM:

Woo Hoo!

Great to hear it. I've got high hopes that a company as smart as MS enables you to make even greater contributions to the .NET developer community.

This Blog