Pulling a late night tonight to get the official Beta 1 out the door! I’ve locked the control set, which will include the following controls:
- CompareValidator *
- CustomValidator *
- RangeValidator *
- RegularExpressionValidator *
- RequiredFieldValidator *
* These validation controls only add support for use with the CalendarPopup / TimePicker controls, however work independently with other controls as well.
I will be continuing to fix bugs, tidy up the API, and clean up the design-time experience from now until I release. I will be taking the month of April off, as it’ll be a much deserved break, but I do have a good reason as I’ll be getting married and taking my honeymoon! So until later, I’m tired & need to hit the sack! Enjoy beta testers!
Ahh, another week another beta. I just dropped my Beta 1 Preview, Refresh 1 to my beta testers, and boy does it feel great. This beta drop included support for 2 more controls from my collection, as well as some breaking of backwards compatability. In summary, I’ve removed AccordianPanel and OrderedListBox. However, I implemented the
- “Grouping” feature of the AccordianPanel into the CollapsablePanel control
- Added support for “sliding” for FireFox
- Fixed the ever-so-painful Nested Sliding Panel’s issue.
As far as the OrderedListBox, well that’s a whole different story. I’ve disbanded from the Composite Control nature that it was previously in hopes that a ListTransfer control (that implements this same functionality for individually moving up, down, to another ListBox, or deleting an item) will allow developers more freedom over layout.
So, hoping that these teasers keep the community actively involved, there will definately be more of them. If you have any features you’re wishing were implemented, make sure you drop me a line and let me know. Now’s the time, since I’m re-writing the controls. Also, if you’re just dying to get your hands on the beta’s, make sure you contact me as well and I’ll add you to the contact list. Enjoy!
Talk about a good weekend for me! I was able to prepare and release the first Beta 1 Preview to my testers. It’s been a fun couple of weeks working on re-writing the controls for .NET 2.0, and I’m just glad that the first phase is done. I figured the approach I would take for releasing beta’s would be very similar in how CTPs are launched. You’ll notice I called this a “Beta 1 Preview” because it contains a subset of the server controls. If you’re still interested in beta testing, I’m always looking for more people, so contact me. Ohh, and to the community awaiting the release, here’s a subset of breaking changes / features that went with this build:
- No “down-level” support anymore for the CalendarPopup control, and the same will apply to the TimePicker.
- MaskedTextBox now derives directly from TextBox, which means it’s no longer a composite control and lacks the validation controls within.
- All controls will be themeable via skins.
- All “text” properties will be localizable.
- Added support to CalendarPopup for validation controls – must use those contained in eWorld.UI assembly.
- Full support for DataSource controls with the Multi-Text list controls.
While just a teaser, there were a slew of bug fixes for all controls contained, most notably for the CalendarPopup control. So, enjoy!