I've compiled 10 questions that might help you to get an idea about your enterprise condition:
1) Is your organization has any blueprint or matrix of all running systems, how they communicate one with each other and which technology they are using?
2) Can you show me a matrix of professional user groups, their requirements and systems that address those requirements?
3) Do you have mapping of all of your enterprise data, how data being grouped and by how data is being accessed?
4) When you start a project do you have blueprint, which you have to follow, for the type of the application you up to start with?
5) Is there a formal stage in the project life cycle were system architecture is being checked against the enterprise architecture.
6) If you have any question or problem regarding architecture do you know whose job is to help you?
7) Is there a clear list of all technological tools and services that your system might use or you can use whether technology you want?
8) Do you have duplicate application or data?
9) Is there a clear development methodology in your enterprise?
10) Do you know of more then 10 technologies (development tools, operating systems, Databases, ERP tools, etc’) used in your organization?
9-10 : call me or leave me your contact details I WANT TO LEARN FROM YOU.
7-8 : I guess you are running EA for a while.
5-6 : you just start an enterprise architecture effort. Be aware from EA pitfalls so your effort will come to it end.
1-5 : read about Enterprise architecture. You need to go through such a process.