The Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys help you develop and test your Windows Mobile applications. N.B. These Power Toys are NOT supported..
The Power Toys include:
- Emulator ActiveSync Connection Tool - Allows Activesync to connect to your Emulator session from Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- ActiveSync Remote Display - Display Pocket PC applications on your desktop or laptop without needing any device side configuration.
- CECopy - Command line tool for copying files to the device currently connected to desktop ActiveSync.
- Convert PPC DAT to SP XML - Command line tool for generating Smartphone CABWizSP XML docs from existing Pocket PC CAB files.
- Hopper - User input stress simulator.
- JShell - UI version of the Platform Builder Target Control Window.
- PPC Command Shell - Command shell for the Pocket PC 2003 device.
- RAPI Debug - Displays detailed information about currently running processes.
- RAPI Start - Command line tool to remotely start an application on your Pocket PC from your desktop.
- TypeIt - Send characters/strings to the Smartphone 2003 Emulator via ActiveSync.
.NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP2 has been released. Get it here.
Performance & Other Improvements List:
- Improved performance of many data tasks, including populating DataSets, searching DataTables, DataSet.ReadXml() method when a schema is used, finding and indexing operations, setting DataSet.EnableConstraints property, SqlDataReader
- Improved resource loading performance
- Minor GUI performance improvements
- Extend keyboard events to be enabled on all controls (Control.KeyUp, KeyDown, KeyPress)
- Added support for ForeColor &/or BackColor for Button, Checkbox, ComboBox, DomainUpDown, Label, Listbox, ListView, NumericUpDown, RadioButton, Trackbar, TreeView
- Added support for new Smartphone languages: Finnish, Czech, Romanian, Slovakian, Norwegian, Hungarian, Polish, Turkish, Russian
- Improved Control.Enabled and Control.Parent property changing performance
- Support menu hotkeys on Pocket PC
- Support raising context menus from assigned hardware key, Pocket PC
- Tab support for Pocket PC based on Z-Order
- XmlTextReader performance improvements
Defect Fix List:
- DataRowCollection.Find() method throws wrong exception
- Fixed erroneous parsing of HttpWebRequest response stream
- Form does not get the focus when all controls are removed from the form
- Handling of empty XML elements and 'nil' attribute fixed for DataSet.ReadXml()
- InputPanel Button disappears from MainMenu on Pocket PC 2002
- InputPanel's EnabledChanged Event fires inspite of setting the enabled property to the same value.
- IrDAClient.DiscoverDevices device names garbled
- Memory leak in the NumericUpDown, DomainUpDown, ComboBox and TextBox controls
- Native Exception occurs when using the get accessor for Control.Capture
- Navigation bar flickers when new form is being loaded.
- ObjectDisposedException occurs when DataBinding a control to a form shown via Show()
- OK button eventually goes away when re-using recycled form for ShowDialog()
- Setting the InputPanel.Enabled property when the form is closing throws an exception
- SIP button does not go away when the toolbar control is removed from a form that does not have a menu
- The Focus method does not work correctly for the NumericUpDown and DomainUpDown controls
- The Text property of a ListView column is reset to ?? when removing the column from the ListView and then adding it back.
- ContextMenu: Fixed TreeView issues on Pocket PC 2003
- ContextMenu: Fixed side effects on controls like Scrollbar and Label
- ContextMenu: erroneous functionality when bound to ListBox
- ContextMenu: Showing a context menu on Pocket PC for a textbox unselects the selected text in the textbox
- ContextMenu: Empty ContextMenu on Pocket PC should not pop up
- Web services: After repeatedly canceling asynchronous web request, all web service calls fail conversion of 0.0F to a string and results in a memory leak
- Web services: An XmlException is thrown when deserializing a qualified name that has no prefix and there is no default namespace defined
- Web services: Incorrect handling of null headers in SOAP messages
SP2 provides fixes for the aforementioned defects. This service pack does not introduce any API changes.
Having said problem? Go get ActiveSync 3.7 Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824116 (I found this KB article while looking for something else, but thought it would be useful to pass on)
You Receive Error Messages When You Synchronize Your Pocket PC with Outlook 2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC 2002
- Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC 2003
SYMPTOMSWhen you try to synchronize your Pocket PC with Outlook 2003, items that are in your Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks may not be synchronized to your Pocket PC, and you may receive the following error message:
Synchronization cannot start because this desktop computer cannot access necessary information. Restart this desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists and this desktop computer is running Microsoft Outlook 2000, open Outlook 2000, click Help, and then click Detect and Repair. Otherwise, contact your network administrator.Additionally, you may receive the following warning several times during the synchronization process:
An external application is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.
Do you want to allow this?
CAUSEThis problem occurs when you are using Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6 or earlier with Outlook 2003.
RESOLUTIONTo resolve this problem, you must update your copy of Microsoft ActiveSync to version 3.7 or later. ActiveSync is available for download at the following Microsoft Web site: