The Research Room included 10 predictions for the wireless in their latest newsletter.
In short they are,
1) Public access WiFi hotspots will continue to roll-out but with less Noise
2) Operators will have to focus energies on debugging same network 3G/GSM interoperability
3) One of the last NMT networks in Western Europe will shutdown in 2004
4) Mobile satellite services potter along…
5) 4G? Let’s get 3G up & running…
6) Every handset will have GPRS… and soon EDGE
7) CDMA 2000 in the GSM backyard
8) Push to Talk will push into the European value-added services market-place
9) Could European mobile internet push past the 3% hurdle?
10) Could mobile communications recover some of its old form in 2004?
For more details and other goodies, click here.