One of the things I was struggling with was the possibility to have both the http://www.mesh.com client version of the client working, as well as the http://developer.mesh-ctp.com client version.
Why do I need this?
I have several Folders shared with different people and so it’s normal that we all use the www.mesh.com version of the client, because this is the most stable one, but when developing Mesh-Enabled Application and interacting with the new version of Mesh, the http://developer.mesh-ctp.com the new client is also needed, and so this causes an issue, that is who will I leave behind? Will it be all my customers and friends that I share Mesh folders with, or will it be the Mesh-Enabled Apps?
In my opinion this was an issue that should have been thought right from the start by the Live Mesh team, and so I’ve been struggling with this for some while now, but now I’ve found a solution in this Microsoft Social Entry.
Maybe it was me but it was not easy to find this solution. I think it should be more of the public knowledge, and so because of that, here is this post to help all of you that are facing the same issue.
There’s going to be a very interesting WorldWide online event called TechDays – Defy all challenges, and you can register here.
This events is very interesting because it will be a 24-hour online event with several different tracks like:
- Windows Development and Frameworks
- Windows Mobile Development
- Office and Sharepoint Development
- Developer Tools, Languages & Practices
- Web Development & User Experience
You can view the several session here and don’t forget to attend my session about “Developing Mesh-Enable Applications” where will talk about what is the Live Framework and how do we need to think our application in order to address this possibility of having the same application across several different devices and all of them in sync between themselves with the less effort possible.
So don’t forget to register and be part of this great event that is being built to you by Microsoft.
Here we are for the start of great event MIX’09
Starting with Bill Buxton from Microsoft Research with “Return of Experience – By Design”
- This is the right time to think in Design
In this troubled times this is what drives the differences
- Raymond Loewy 1929, Coca Cola, and so on…
- Walter Dorwin Teague 1926, Vanity Kodak in 1928, iPod Mini 2003, learning from the past
- What’s Experience Design?
- It’s Balancing between multiple approaches and the value of them, by using Sketching
- State Diagram
- Define all things about the transition as well as the States because other way it will go wrong
- Six Degrees
- All teams in Microsoft are in the process, from the Design to the Development always thinking about the Experience