Droptiles: Metro style Live Tiles enabled Web 2.0 Dashboard
- Metro style user interface. CSS framework to build metro style websites, inspired by metroui.org.ua.
- Drag & Drop tiles to personalize the experience.
- Client side object model and data binding for easy MVVM implementation.
- Server side platform neutral implementation. Can be ported to PHP, JSP easily.
- Live tiles. Tiles are mini-apps, loading data from variety of sources.
How can you use Droptiles
- Enterprise Dashboard aggregating data from various systems and offering a launch pad for intranet/internet applications.
- Web 2.0 Portal offering portlets in the form of tiles. Aggregating data from various services and as a launch pad for different services.
- Touch enabled Kiosk front-end.
- Content aggregator for News and Research purpose.
Droptiles is Open Source. It is free for personal use as long as you keep the copyright notices intact. In order to buy license, go to theDroptiles production site and there's a tile on the right side to place the order through Paypal.
AppStore offers new applications
Tiles can be dynamic, loaded from server side pages
Tiles can be dynamic pages delivered from the server. Here is a tile that captures the html output of an ASPX page. Tiles can be intercative as well. You can embed a form inside a tile.
Apps running inside Droptiles
External applications can run inside Droptiles offering a seamless integration experience.
You can get the code from the GitHub site: http://oazabir.github.com/Droptiles/