This is the first in what will hopefully be a series of interviews with some of the ASP.NET AJAX team members. Wally, as usual, does a fine job of grilling Matt.
The full post is here.
- ASP.NET AJAX is out.
- Matt Gibbs - Development Manager ASP.NET AJAX.
- Some of the new things that you can do with AJAX.
- Source Issues.
- Richard Ersek.
Over at Developer.com, ASP.NET AJAX, AJAX Control Toolkit and ASP.NET AJAX Extensions have taken out the .Net Tool/Add-in developer product of the year award! Great Stuff and congratulations!. Check it out here http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/10920_3653956_2 along with all the other awards.
Here is a videocast I did that shows you how to create a custom Extender control using the Microsoft ASP.Net AJAX Extensions. This will be the first of a series of video casts on custom ASP.Net AJAX controls. The next one will deal with extender controls using the AJAX Control toolkit and contrast the different approaches. The next one may deal with ScriptControls and so on.
Wally and myself did a podcast that kind of sums up the year of 2006 with respect to what technology we have seen and how the podcast has been doing. Tune in and give us your feedback.
ASP.NET Podcast site link
Subscribe to the feed.
- Wally and Paul talk about 2006 and 2007.
- What's this about bloggers and journalists?
- Videos and audio files, I want your feedback.
Found an article on the inner workings of the UpdatePanel by Damian Mehers today. The article can be found here (http://dotnetslackers.com/articles/atlas/The_UpdatePanel_opened_what_happens_behind_the_scenes.aspx). Its a pretty good article and Damien does a good jon of showing what goes when the UpdatePanel performs its magic.
Wally is starting off the new year by continuing his Videocast frenzy. Here is one on a few controls in the AJAX Control toolkit, one of which being my very own PasswordStrength extender. I’ll be producing one myself soon on the AJAX Control toolkit so lookout for that. Also, I would be interested to hear feedback on the Videocast vs Podcast medium. Which do you prefer?
So Wally has tagged me and now I must reveal 5 of my most inner deep dark secrets, well 5 things you didn’t know at least. I’ll let you decide which ones are my deep dark ones.
1. Many years ago, I used to be in a breakdancing team called the “South American Breakers” (no, I am not south American) and we performed for the Miss Australia quest, club openings, and won a westfields break competition.
2. I broke my nose for the first time doing point number 1 above.
3. I didn’t go to Uni and dropped out of computer classes in high school because it was so boring, and the teacher was unbearable.
4. I am a 4th degree black belt in Budo Jitsu Close Quarter Combat.
5. I was employed for a while as a commercial investigator and attended Tafe while studying to be a private and commercial investigator. I served summons for a while and other commercial investigation activities until I determined there is no money in it and everyone you deal with tends to dislike you.
So who to tag next .... hmmm .. let me see (I hope they haven’t been tagged yet):