RSS Feeds in Outlook 2007 - Part 2. Bye bye Outlook
The other day, I posted about my issues with Outlook 2007 and its handling of my RSS feeds. I tried a number of things to fix it, the latest effort being to export all my feeds, delete all of them from Outlook, then re-import. Didn't work, dates were still all wrong.
I have to say I am very disappointed. I enjoyed the convenience of having my feeds in Outook, but it seems that the "Really Simple Syndication" (RSS) format, is not simple enough for Outlook and so it decides to mangle the dates. Its simple issues like this that I feel really detract from products and date handling is not a new thing.
At any rate, I gave up and have decided to give Jetbrains Omea reader a whirl. I looked at Google reader but it felt clunky and I don't like to online experience, even with the ability take it offline. I'd rather go offline from the start.
So far so good. Nice UI, good searching. NOW I have some catching up to do with all my missed blog posts.