I have had ongoing problems getting various tests to work using my installation of VS2008 Team Suite. Initially, I had a problem running unit tests (see here), then sometime after that, I had other niggling issues with code coverage and had to copy assemblies from Private folders to public folders and vice versa.
Recently, I tried recording some web tests so I can perform loading testing on a particular web application. As luck would have it, it was failing with the cryptic message shown in below:
Method ‘CreateDataSourceWizard’ in type ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.LoadTest.WebTestEditorPane’ from assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.LoadTestPackage, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ does not have an implementation.
Google gave me no juice on this and frustration was setting in.
I tried the following:
- Lots of time checking versions of files and reflecting back over the assemblies mentioned in the error message.
- Un-installed and re-installed the Team Test components.
- Un-installed and re-installed Visual Studio 2008
Nothing worked. Oddly, when I un-installed the Team Test components, I still had 'Test' options functioning in my VS2008 menu.
So I finally resolved this issue, and the solution was this:
- Un-install Visual Studio 2008
- Go to the directory where it was previously installed and manually remove the copious amounts of files and directories that were left over.
- Perform a registry clean using this Registry Cleaner for Vista.
- Re-installed Visual Studio 2008
And now it works. Finally.
Wally has created some new feeds for the ASP.NET Podcast There is still the same general feed. It will have all shows and all of the variations of the shows in it. These include WMV, MP4/M4V, MP3, and whatever else one can throw in it. The rest of the feeds are:
If you have any problems, let me know ASAP!
Wally has put up some new podcasts around using Google maps and virtual earth with ASP.NET AJAX.
You can check em out at the following links:
Integrating ASP.NET AJAX with Google Maps.
ASP.NET AJAX with Virtual Earth
These podcasts allow you to explore mapping possibilities with the 2 popular mapping services currently available. in combination with ASP.NET AJAX.
Check em out and get geographical !