This videocast is a follow on from a previous Videocast I did when I showed how to create extender controls using just the ASP.NET AJAX Extensions. This video contrasts the different development approaches and shows how much easier it is to create the same AJAX Extender controls using the AJAX Control toolkit.
- Previous Videocast showed custom extender controls using the core ASP.NET AJAX Extensions
- AJAX Toolkit contains approximately 30 free controls
- Free, open source
- Additional framework for developing custom AJAX controls
- New Templates
- Contrast between development approaches when creating an extender using just the ASP.NET Extensions and the AJAX Control toolkit.
- Re-using some of the provided scripts/code/features of the toolkit within the controls.