Contents tagged with XAML
At the end of last year, I took the personal challenge to create multiple apps for Windows 8, XAML and C#.
Kaxaml is a lightweight XAML editor that gives you a "split view" so you can see both your XAML and your rendered content (kind of like XamlPad but without the gigabyte of SDK).
Version 1.0 is the most current stable release.
- Setup file: http://kaxaml.com/downloads/Kaxaml_1.0.msi
- Source: http://www.codeplex.com/Kaxaml/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=3028
- Details of the release: http://notstatic.com/archives/121
- The official download site: http://www.kaxaml.com
An excellent series on WPF by Josh Smith is available on CodeProject:
- Part 1 (XAML): Learn about XAML and how it is used in WPF applications.
- Part 2 (Layout): Learn about layout panels and how they are used to construct user interfaces.
- Part 3 (Data binding): Learn how WPF data binding works and how it can be used.
- Part 4 (Data templates and triggers): Learn how data templates and triggers work and how they can be used.
- Part 5 (Styles): Learn about how UIs can be styled in WPF.