New Ipaq ? and new Microsoft Wireless Information Server ?
Read on a forum :
I was recently at a show with an organization called Angelbeat. It is a group that works closely with HP, Cisco, Microsoft and others. One of the HP representatives shared there is a new device being released in the June/July timeframe with the following features:
* It will be the 2200 Series
* Integrated Compact Flash and SDIO slot (Finally!)
* 400MHz XScale Processor
* 16-bit Color with Transreflective TFT
* Built in Bluetooth
* Slightly larger than 1900 series from a thickness and screen but not by much (it was very light)
* Base model will come with 64MB Ram and a higher model will come with 128MB Ram, I did not get a chance to ask about ROM
* There is a replaceable battery
* It will offer both Landscape and Standard view without a soft reset!
* Black grips on the side for a very secure hold
* They did not integrate 802.11 because an SDIO card is due in June/July that will provide this functionality
* It will run on the new Microsoft operating system (this is the reason for the release date in June/July)
* It will not fit existing accessories
* A future model will have a keyboard that slides from the back and automatically changes the view to Landscape (it was described as coming from the right side of the iPaq)
* A phone option should be available “in the future”
* It will be between $300-$400 but expect it just under $400
* I held it and it is beautiful
* Don't ask for pictures, none where taken
Other comments worth mentioning:
The GSM/GPRS sleeve is expected to be release the end of this month on the AT&T network.
The new release of Office (Office 11) will completely change the look of Outlook. The preview pane will be on the side instead of the bottom was the most noticeable.
The Microsoft Wireless Information Server will be integrated into the Exchange Server. This will increase the number of companies that will have access to wireless technology and will decrease the infrastructure needed to support the environment. The current code name for this project is Titanium.