January 2007 - Posts
If you are struggling with CSS or just want to see some experiments with the styles, check this very useful page.
TDD samples are mostly based on very simple unit tests. But how could we do something like building a web application test first.
If you want to know more about the future of C# check Ayende contribution here.
Funny post by Jeremy D. Miller about the not that so productive team. I will add the Flashy zealot graphic developer to the list.
Worth the read
If you're a blogger, check the excellent Blogjet coded by Dmitry, released today in version 2.0. A lot of new features, a new company too, Coding Robots.
Top 5 new features include:
- New user interface. It is easier, more complete, and has themes (looks native on Vista).
- Post management with local cache. Your posts are stored in local cache, so you don’t need Internet connection to access them anymore.
- Instant search. Finding posts is easier because of the instant search, which shows results as you type.
- Tags. Finally, you can tag your posts easily. No more plugins, no more hacks. And if your blog platform supports tags natively (currently only Movable Type 3.3 or later), BlogJet can use them.
- Blog autodiscovery. No more troubles with finding the right API settings — just enter your blog’s address, and BlogJet will configure itself.
- …and many more.
BlogJet is now more stable and launches faster. All know bugs have been fixed. It now works with new Blogger and we fixed the issue with Live Spaces.
Sacha P. Corti has been busy writing an excellent end-to-end hands on lab for ASP.NET Ajax.
Thanks for that!
First article by Sathesh Pandian but promising. To keep in your favourites for the Ajax status list.
Extending the concepts presented in a previous article, Peter Bromberg shows how to use Asynchronous Page Tasks to combine the results from seven different RSS Search providers simultaneously, and display the results in a pageable GridView.
Character encoding is an eternal dilemna when you build a website and it could be difficult to do the right choice.
Check this guide written by Tommy Olsson on the challenges ahead with encoding.
I was struggling for a while with some weird CDO errors using System.Web.Mail. I found the light with this very useful site System.Web.Mail.
More Posts Next page »