Jeffrey Richter is coming to Atlanta and will be presenting on ASP.NET on 2/20/2006 at the MS Offices.Space is limited so you must register now at http://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=106837.
Has anyone else noticed (complained) about the current ASP.NET forums, ever since they upgraded their version of Community Server ? I've basically stopped visiting them since they take so long to load in FireFox, even when coming back to a page in another tab that's already been loaded. The next page links also seem to take 2 clicks for some reason (they don't in IE) -- and I don't know what else is broke since I just can't bring myself to visit them anymore. Sure I could use IE, but I like FireFox and it is what I have up and running, and I've never seen any other site that responds so poorly like this. I also can't say I really like the updated "look" all the much period, and even in IE its obviously slower than it ever used to be.
Update: WilsonORMapper v184.108.40.206 (1/24/2006) includes the following:
- Sql2005 Provider for Efficient Paging with Row_Number
- More Lookup cases using Outer Join now Supported
- ObjectQuery has SkipCounts option for Performance
- Multiple optimizations with the help of Marc Brooks
- Auto keyType can be Composite with the last being Auto
- DefaultNamespace can be defined in each mapping file
- DateTime provider-specific min/max for db compatibility
- Bug-Fix: Non-Lazy-Loaded Generic (v2.0) Collections
- Bug-Fix: Transactions with specified IsolationLevel
- Bug-Fix: Empty Byte Arrays work with nullValue=""
- Bug-Fix: A few OPath fixes included by Jeff Lanning
- CodeSmith: Another set of Templates, by Jason Bunting
Congratulations to Brendon Schwartz for being made a new ASP.NET MVP ! Brendon is one of the founding Atlanta Regular Guys, which means he basically goes to just about every .NET related user group or other community event in town -- and basically runs half of them also. Congrats Brendon -- you very much deserve it -- and Atlanta just got another much deserved MVP in you.