In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

My nephew, Matthew O'Bryant, was one of the two US military personnel that was killed in the terrorist bombing of the Pakistan Marriott last weekend.  He was a great kid (22 years old) and he will be missed very much by his wife, brother and sisters, parents, the rest of our family, and his many friends.

Published Friday, September 26, 2008 2:11 PM by PaulWilson

Comments

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

Our deepest condolences to you, your family, Matthew's wife and many friends.  We can hardly begin to repay the immense sacrifice that brave souls like Matthew and their families have made on our behalf.

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:05 PM by Eric W. Bachtal

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

Paul, be strong.  Nothing will replace you loss.  Ours prayers to you and you families.

Andrey.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 2:18 AM by andrey

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

my most sincere condolences to your entire family!!! it is such a pity that a young man lost his life. Hope good and happy things happen to his family in the future.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:25 AM by nikos

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the whole family! My cousin is Bridgett O'Bryant(his wife) and while they were stationed up here at Ft. Meade,MD I was able to meet him and hang out with them and Matt was a really great guy and a sailor. He was very proud of what he did.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:01 PM by santana callicott wieben

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

Paul, I assure you that people in Pakistan remember those who were killed and the families who lost their loved ones in their prayers.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:16 AM by Zubair.NET!

Paul,

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.  You have my deepest condolences.

Monday, September 29, 2008 12:37 AM by Steve Smith

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

I was Matt and Bridgett's pastor in Laurel, Maryland.  We have only known them for a short time but we love them dearly.  It was such a shock to all of our church family to hear the news.  Matt and Bridgett were both vital parts of our children's ministry.  Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family.

Monday, September 29, 2008 7:31 PM by chris mcmillan

HE IS NOT FALLEN, BUT RISEN, NOT DEAD

BUT IN THIS PATH WE MORTALS TRED,

ONLY GONE A FEW TRIFILING STEPS AHEAD,

AND NEARER TO THE END.

AND YOU TOO, MY FRIEND, ONCE PAST THAT BEND

SHALL MEET AGAIN WITH THIS FRIEND YOU

FANCIED DEAD.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:48 AM by PATTI TEOFILO

Hi Paul,

My sincere condolences, May god bless his soul and give strength and support to his family during these hard times..

God will not forgive them those who have done this and supported this..

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:24 PM by Nexustoday

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

My thoughts and prayers are with you,Bridgett, and the rest of the family and friends.  I was one of Matt's classmates while we were at NAS Pensacola and Corry Station.  I have been assigned to a ship and was out to sea when the news was left on my phone.  I cannot imagine what you are going thru, I can only offer my prayers, thoughts, and willingness if you need any help. Matt was a shining example of selflessness and courage to fight for what he thought was right - and unfortunately he paid the ultimate cost.  Even tho I too am in the service, I owe him.  You can contact me anytime.  ctmallen2007@yahoo.com

God Bless you all.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:02 PM by CTM2 Allen

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

Sad to hear of the passing of a shipmate.  I got out of the Navy in July of this year and found your site while doing a search of my name.  What tragic coincidence.

Eternal Father, strong to save,

Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,

Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep

Its own appointed limits keep;

Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,

For those in peril on the sea!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:27 PM by Paul Wilson

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

it's so sad. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:54 PM by Roman R

# re: In Memoriam to My Nephew, Matthew O'Bryant

I graduated from Theodore High School with Matthew. He was also in JROTC with me and he was an awesome person. His love for the Lord and his pride in what he did inspired me so much. I am so terribly sorry for your loss and I will continue to pray for your family. God Bless your family and America Bless God

Sunday, December 7, 2008 2:52 AM by Michelle Wood (nee Rhodes)