We are very close in launching our v1.0 of AjaxDataControls and there are a lot enhancement and change has been made since the beta. Here are some of the important:
1. Namespace changed from Ajax.Data.Controls to AjaxDataControls (Otherwise it was conflicting with other popular JS library like script.aculo.us)
2. Fadein Animation added when data is binded to datasource (Requires PreviewScript.js & PreviewGlitz.js).
3. Drag and Drop now uses the Ajax Framework DragDropManager (Requires PreviewScript.js & PreviewDragDrop.js).
3. Code is now Xml Commented.
1. Drag and Drop is implemented between the items (except the Edit item).
1. Drag and Drop Column Orders can be stored in Asp.net Profile by calling loadColumnsFromProfile and saveColumnsToProfile. It requires the Ajax ProfileService is configured prior calling these methods.
2. ColumnID prperty added to column to uniquely identify it when loading and saving in profile.
3. Now each column type has separate JS file to reduce the file size of the gridview. Now it only loads the required column files.
4. Designer Added.
5. No need to call the dataBind after resetting the editIndex.
1. RowPerPage - >PageSize
2. CurrentPage ->PageIndex
3. PageChange ->PageChanged
4. FirstPageText -> FirstText
5. PreviousPageText -> PreviousText
5. NextPageText -> NextText
6. LastPageText -> LastText
7. ShowNumeric -> ShowNumber