Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:48 AM Kazi Manzur Rashid

The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Last night the forehead four head has released the 1st chapter of their upcoming Wrox book along with a sample project NerdDinner and I think this is the best application to check if anyone is trying to lean the new ASP.NET MVC framework.

And this is the list of currently available Open Source Projects developed in ASP.NET MVC. I am ordering it based upon the complexity and learning curve according to my understanding:

1. NerdDinner
  2. CodeBetter Award
  3. CodeCampServer
  4. BeerHouse
  5. StoreFront
  6. Oxite
  7. KiGG
  8. FubuMVC/AltOxite (Eric Hexter is absolutely right it does not has any dependency on System.Web.MVC)

Updated (03-13-2009)

There are few more, but I did not had a chance to check those:

1. FlickrXplorer
  2. CarTrackr
  3. Cuyahoga
  4. BlogSharp
  5. AzureIssueTracker
  6. BlogSvc.net

Updated (03-17-2009)

I think, I should also list the framework/architecture:

1. MVC Contrib
  2. S#arp Architecture

David Hyden seems also maintaining a list. Go check it out.

Happy ASP.NET MVC learning !!!

Shout it
Filed under: , , , ,

Comments

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:51 PM by Eric Hexter

FubuMVC does not run on or use ASP.Net MVC it is an alternative MVC framework that uses Asp.Net Routing

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:24 AM by Al Borns

The Cuyahoga CMS is also developing it's new admin interface using MVC (www.cuyahoga-project.org)

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:02 AM by Doga

There is another blog application as BlogSharp

code.google.com/.../blogsharp

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Friday, March 13, 2009 8:33 PM by Billy McCafferty

I'll go ahead and add S#arp Architecture to that list!  code.google.com/.../sharp-architecture

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Friday, March 13, 2009 10:38 PM by Kazi Manzur Rashid

@jorgebg : looks cool, I will definitely give it a try.

@Billy: I would rather consider it as a framework/architecture not an application.

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Monday, March 16, 2009 1:40 PM by Chris Gruber

FubuMVC is more of a framework either and you included that. :)

I think you should add SharpArchitecture if want to list open source projects people can learn from. I've personally learned a lot from both KIGG and SharpArchitecture.

Otherwise good list.

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC

Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:16 PM by Jarrett

BlogSvc is now called AtomSite and is now modular and supports composite widgets

# re: The Open Source Projects on ASP.NET MVC