Monday, January 25, 2010 3:39 AM Kazi Manzur Rashid

Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

I am announcing the beta of System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility.

There has been quite a few changes in this release :

• Added support for PerWebRequest lifetime.
  • Removed the “base” suffix from the abstract class.
  • I am dropping the Autofac. After struggling quite a few days to add PerWebRequest support, I came to the conclusion that adding such support requires quite a lot of changes which is almost same as rewriting the Autofac itself. Though Autofac uses IScope for Lifetime management but internally it uses the enum instead of that interface. I will look forward to upcoming release of Autofac, if the next release supports custom lifetime management without creating a child container, I will again add it in the supported container list.
  • Both BootstrapperTask and PerRequestTask returns boolean in the Execute method. This comes handy when you want to break the execution of the tasks chain.
  • You can also set Skip=true (static) which would exclude the task from the execution list.
  • etc etc.

You can download the binaries from the following locations:

I will be also releasing few ASP.NET MVC Open source applications in coming weeks which depends on this framework.

So stay tuned!!!

Shout it
Filed under: , , , ,

Comments

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Monday, January 25, 2010 3:21 AM by Domantas

Looking forward to see implementations. Great work.

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Monday, January 25, 2010 5:25 AM by nashid

Thank you for your continual ASP.MVC community support

I look forward your sample implementation.

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Monday, January 25, 2010 12:18 PM by Elena

It's really interesting article. Thanks for good information.

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:45 AM by Durtal

Hello,

Great work. Any thought on MEF integration ?

Thomas

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:58 AM by Kazi Manzur Rashid

@Durtal:

I tried, but MEF is not at all web friendly or more specifically it requires a lot of plumbing for PerRequest lifetime.

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:49 AM by Bret Ferrier

Any chances that you will be releasing an open source blog platform on MVC?

# re: Just released System.Web.Mvc.Extensibility Beta

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:42 PM by Kazi Manzur Rashid

@Breat: Whats wrong in Oxite and Rob Con hana or whatever it is?