In case you missed it we upgraded http://www.DotNetNuke.com last night; which also includes a brand new build of the Forums. Along with the new naming scheme for our Forums, you should immediately notice the performance improvements. In fact, in our lab, the page load times dropped from 4.68 seconds to 2.25 seconds - under heavy load.
The entire site is actually running the 5.2.1 build, which is expected to be released to the public in the next few hours. Watch for the download on Codeplex!
Let me know of any feedback you have on the site or the Forums and I will forward it off to the team.
If your like me and like the “Star” feature in Gmail and now in Thunderbird to mark items for follow-up then you will probably notice that in Thunderbird for non-IMAP/Gmail accounts you don't get this out of the box. Here is a quick tutorial on how to get it working.
1. Bring up the “Search Messages” dialog
Go to Edit, Find, Search Messages or Control-Shift-F
2. In the “Search for Messages in” drop down, choose the appropriate account which you wish to search within.
3. Ensure that Search subfolders is Checked
4. Ensure that "Run search on server” is unchecked
5. Match all of the following is Checked
6. In the filter area, choose: Status is Starred
7. Click the “Search” button on the top right
8. You should notice that the “Save as Search Folder” is no lit up. Hit that button
9. Give it an appropriate name and be sure the “Create as a subfolder of” is correct. It will be the Parent of the new search folder which you are creating, so put it within the correct account.
10. Hit OK and your done. It should be in your Navigation Tree, as a folder of a different color.