Patrick Smacchia, of NDepend fame, was kind enough to offer me a license for its latest version, 3.0, now fully integrated with Visual Studio 2010.
Its feature list is overwhelming, just think:
- Visual representation of the code complexity over 82 code metrics
- Dependency analysis between assemblies and types
- API querying and reporting
- Possibility to write custom rules on top of queries
- Display code differences between different versions of assemblies
And much more. I will be posting a review as soon as I have the time for it, in the meanwhile, there's a video tour and a trial version available. Also, check out Patrick's blog.