Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

My blog has moved.
You can view this post at the following address:
Published Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:27 AM by RoyOsherove
Filed under:

Comments

Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:01 PM by Roy Osherove

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

Thanks for the link Yoeri :)
Wednesday, June 16, 2004 6:10 PM by shark

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

hmm, I'm interested in the article!! but after registering with devx, it says i do not have access to the content. back to the drawing-board for them!! ;-)
Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:06 AM by Yoeri

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

Downloaded a demo app of infragistics, it had the backgroundworker from IDesign along with a word document explaining the working of the .NET 2.0 version and their implementation in fw 1.1.

You can always get the demo app, or I can send you the doc file, it helped me a lot in understanding the multithreading stuff ...
Thursday, June 17, 2004 12:31 PM by shark

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

I'd love to have the doc file.. I can basically follow the code and understand it, but I'd appreciate more insight. Could you send it to: [threading at sitechno . com]
Thanks!
Saturday, June 19, 2004 2:23 PM by Yoeri

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

Oskar, The doc file is the same as the article you are referencing ...
Sunday, June 20, 2004 3:09 PM by shark

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

oskar, if you need the doc file that youri sent me, give me your email addy, I'll be happy to send you.
Sunday, June 20, 2004 3:10 PM by shark

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

or I could try to 'read' and realise you have the url.. ;-)))
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:44 PM by dba123

# re: Implementing the BackgroundWorker component - today(source included)

All I see is examples and inserts on using this for Windows Forms. What about doing inserts from a C# ASP.NET application, I assume I can do the same.