What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

My blog has moved. You can view this post at the following address: http://www.osherove.com/blog/2005/5/2/what-does-soa-really-mean-one-big-hype-machine.html
Published Monday, May 2, 2005 8:44 PM by RoyOsherove
Filed under:

Comments

Monday, May 2, 2005 2:36 PM by Wallym

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

How about a 'D'OH"?
Monday, May 2, 2005 2:52 PM by Roy Osherove

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

Wally - "D'OH" is for when you thought it was completely different. In my case DUH is much more appropriate ;)
Monday, May 2, 2005 3:18 PM by Jay Glynn

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

We may disagree on the "real" value of TDD, but this is one point that I can say we do agree on. SOA is without a doubt the most misused and misunderstood buzz word to come down the pike in a long time.
Monday, May 2, 2005 3:42 PM by Wallym

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

I just meant it along the lines of "I'm glad that someone realized that this is a problem." I think everyone else knew this since the term was invented. I wasn't trying to mean anything about your "DUH." :-)

Wally
Monday, May 2, 2005 4:44 PM by Frans Bouma

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

So he saw the light? Finally!
Monday, May 2, 2005 6:40 PM by Andrew Armstrong

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

..although, remember that there are also many very well informed professionals out there who DO understand what SO is all about and are trying their hardest to turn the abstract into a reality (myself included)....if there is a lot of 'buzz' and mis-interpretation/understanding out there then that's OK - it's expected - lets just do our best to ensure that when people do get the wrong end of the stick we point out their mistake and get them gripped onto the 'right' end.
Tuesday, May 3, 2005 6:42 AM by Lyndon Samson

# re: What does SOA really mean? One big hype machine

Well I think the jump from internal networks to external is a pretty big one.