There's a bunch of FREE stuff going on this week, folks, so get out and GO!
Ignite Phoenix, Part II:http://www.ignite-phoenix.org/
Wednesday, October 29, 2008.
Ignite Phoenix is an information exchange aimed at fostering and
inspiring Phoenix’s creative community. Presenters get 5 minutes and 20
slides to talk about anything they are passionate about. Send in your
presentation or just show up and have a fun time. (stolen shamelessly from the About page)
Now, check their list of topics. Want to know how to survive the next zombie uprising (and really, what kind of person doesn't have time for that? Do you want to die?) What about how to get started with urban livestock? Make a movie for under $5k? iPhone development? Ignite Phoenix has it all.
November 1-2, 2008.
What is a PodCamp?
PodCamp is a FREE BarCamp-style community UnConference
for podcasters and listeners, bloggers and readers, and anyone
interested in New Media. It was held for the first time from September
8-10 in Boston, Massachusetts and is now spreading across the world.
These 7 rules define what events can be called a PodCamp:
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rockstar.
- All attendees must be allowed to participate. (subject to limitations of physical space, of course)
- All sessions and events must be free of charge to attend.
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet - if you’re not getting
what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do
something else. It’s not like you have to get your money’s worth!
- The event must be new-media focused - blogging, podcasting, video on the net.
- The financials of a PodCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
(stolen shamelessly from the Learn page)
Hope to see you there!
Just wanted to thank Chris Williams for interviewing me as part of his very cool Nine Questions series!
Yes, it was quite awhile ago. One of my more recent goals is *slightly* more frequent blogging.
So, check me out: Nine Questions with Rachel Reese