GhostDoc 2.1.0 Released
GhostDoc is a free add-in for Visual Studio that automatically generates XML
documentation comments for C#. Either by using existing documentation inherited
from base classes or implemented interfaces, or by deducing comments from
name and type of e.g. methods, properties or parameters.
- Support for VB.Net added
- Full support for events, including inherited documentation and user-defined custom rules.
- Download on the GhostDoc Website
- Users of earlier versions: Please read the ReadMe on upgrading!
About this Release
For Visual Basic developers, version 2.1 is what 2.0 should have been: VB.Net support has been added again. Even though I got help (huge thanks to Daniel Root for the translation of the demo project), I spent more time than I wanted on testing, debugging and deployment – in the end it’s a huge number of small things that add up.
C# developers who have to implement many interfaces with events (like I do) will enjoy the full support for events, as it includes a text generation rule for using inherited documentation (VB.Net developers benefit from this of course, too).
What’s New in GhostDoc 2.1.0:
- Added: Support for Visual Basic .NET has been added again (was disabled in version 2.0.0), but still is regarded as "experimental". The feature is turned off by default and you have to turn it on in the configuration dialog. Please see the docs for more information.
- Added: The setup for the demo project now contains a VB.Net version.
- Added: Full rule support for events (configurable default documentation, inherited documentation e.g. for interface implementations, and used-defined custom rules)
- Added: New macro
$(DeclaringTypeKind) that specifies the kind of type a member is defined in (i.e. class, struct or interface).
- Changed: All occurrences of "class" in the default templates have been replaced by
- Changed: As the next version of Visual Studio (codename "Orcas" ) will be named Visual Studio 2008, all texts have been updated accordingly.
- Fixed: Documentation of constructors of structs referring to the initialization of a "class" instance.
- Fixed: Problems with parameter names starting with an '@' (e.g. "@class").