After an Italian configuration for GhostDoc there's now also a Spanish configuration available. As mentioned for the Italian version, I cannot comment on the quality. Also, please note that GhostDoc is intended for English documentation, which means that tweaking it for other languages is likely to run into problems sooner or later.
On the other hand, a lot can be achieved with the help of some clever custom rules, so I recommend to try out the Spanish configuration. As usual, exporting the current configuration as a backup is definitely not a bad idea.
I'm always happy to announce new releases of the free Visual Studio add-in SonicFileFinder by my colleague Jens Schaller. This tool for quickly navigating in Visual Studio solutions with just a few keystrokes has reached version 2.0.
Twitter, the service that finally starts making some kind of sense to me, offers various ways of including updates in your own website/weblog. After experimenting with the AJAX version directly on my weblog, I switched to using a separate HTML page shown in an IFRAME tag instead. The result can be seen on this page, it's on the left side under the tag cloud, in the "News" box.
Just in case somebody else may find this useful, here's a short HOWTO:
- Download the files twitterUpdates.htm and twitterBullet.gif by right-clicking the links and choosing "Save link as" (or "Save target as", depending on your browser)
- Inside the HTML file, replace the text
YourUserNamewith your Twitter user name.
- Upload the two files to some webspace of your choice (let's call it http://www.example.com/example)
- Now insert the IFRAME tag on the page where the updates should appear; remember to edit the "src" attribute to match the location of the HTML file:
style="width:200px;height:200px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;padding:1px"></iframe>
- The next thing you'll want to do is to change the colors, width and height, the bullet image, etc.
[Update 2009-02-09] Thanks to "Tucker" for making me aware of a problem with the links clicked inside the iframe when using Firefox. I'm pretty sure that things were working in IE and Firefox when I wrote the blog post, but in the meantime both the version number of my Firefox browser and (more importantly) the script provided by Twitter have changed, so I cannot check that. Anyway, I have modified the file twitterUpdates.htm and now clicking a link inside the iframe opens a new browser window both in IE and in Firefox.