As I develop SharePoint apps for clients, at times I bear the responsibility of recommending SharePoint Hosting providers. So I am continously looking for SP hosting. Since my last post on the subject - I have discovered yet another provider: 1and1.com. So far, they appear to be quite good & reasonable - 50 users, 100mb space & 6gb traffic for less than 20 bucks/month.
uh oh.. I hope my friend Roy doesn't see this one.. ;-)
Some of the new enhancements in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP1-
- Excel rendering extension has been improved and now supports viewing in Excel 97 and 2000.
- PDF rendering extension is more robust and has better performance.
- Chart control provides more control over display styles.
- References to external URLs (images and resources) from within a report are now supported.
- Data caching behavior for report preview is now supported.
- Newline in expressions is now supported.
- The style of the HTML Viewer toolbar can now be modified through a style sheet.
- New URL parameters offer more options for customizing report presentation at run time
- Report Manager proxy persists authentication cookies so that they can be used by custom security extensions.
- Hidden parameters are now supported.
- Temporary snapshots can be compressed as well as stored on the file system.
- Integrated security support for accessing report data sources can be disabled.
Dave Burke has written a very interesting article at MSD2D.com entitled 'EXTEND SHAREPOINT SERVER WITH ADO.NET AND XML'. He shows SharePoint Document management with ADO.Net (in lieu of WebDAV). I'll certainly go through that one thoroughly - other people's experience is the best teacher.. :-)