About 2 weeks ago, I started using a new service called Squeet.com (pronounced Skweet). I was using newsgator with the outlook plug in, but for some reason, something on my machine was causing my outlook to not shut down properly, and I'd have to go in and re-add the newsgator plug in.
With Squeet.com you can manage all your RSS feeds online, and they do the service of sending you a real email. This is great for a lot of reason. Here is my short list
- No mail client dependency (outlook, gmail, any client works)
- Outlook Rules - I can easily use the rules to manage where my feeds are placed.
- Live or Daily feeds. The daily feed sends one email per day, with summaries. (AKA digest mode)
- Web Based. If I'm surfing on any machine, I can easily add a newly found feed to my list
- Feed by Feed "Pause" feature
- Vacation Feature
If you're like me, and tired of using many clients to manage RSS/SMTP Squeet.com can help you take control of your RSS feeds. Here is a screen shot of my management screen.
Notice that some of my feeds are "Paused" -- not deleted, just turned off for a while. You can also put your whole account on vacation.
Finally, they have also setup a little form to be included on your blog, (like I did on the top left) to make it easy for people to start getting your blog (or any other RSS feed) by email, using the Squeet.com service.