Great ASP.NET 2.0 Tutorial Videos Online

Last week we published a series of great ASP.NET 2.0 “How do I?” videos on MSDN.  These videos are code-focused videos (no slides or marketing at all – pure code) that walkthrough using some of the new features in ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Web Developer (which is free).

The “How do I?” videos are each about 10-15 minutes long, and are a great way to quickly come up to speed with some of the new features.  I highly recommend setting some time aside to watch them.  Here is the current listing of them:

Data Access – Create a new database from scratch, define a table, populate it with data, create a strongly typed DAL TableAdapter to work against it, and then build a filtered master/detail set of ASP.NET pages with data sorting, paging and editing support against it.

Master Pages and Site Navigation – Create a consistent master page layout for a site using the new ASP.NET Master Pages Feature.  Then create a site navigation menu using site navigation and the new TreeView control.

Membership and Roles – Add an authentication and authorization system to a site from scratch, and implement login, create user, change password, password reset, and role based security in a secure way.

Profiles and Themes – Enable per-user profile personalization on a site.  Then use this together with the new Themes/Skins feature to allow a visiting user to customize and personalize the look and feel of a site.

Web Parts and Personalization – Enable customizable drag/drop portal UI within web-pages, and allow visiting users to customize the information experience they see.

Output Caching and SQL Cache Invalidation – Learn how to use the output caching feature in ASP.NET, as well as the new SQL Cache Invalidation support to build super efficient output cached pages that stay in sync with the data within your database.

Partial Page Caching – Learn how to use the Partial Page output caching with ASP.NET to enable regions of a page to be cached, while also allowing other portions of the page to stay dynamic.

Localization – Learn how to build culture-aware and locale specific applications using ASP.NET 2.0.

Wizard and Validation Controls – Build a canonical form data registration page using the new ASP.NET 2.0 Wizard control and validation control features.

Tips and Tricks – This video highlights a number of cool new features in ASP.NET 2.0, including: cross-page postback support, file uploading, the MultiView control, encrypting web.config settings, and more.

AJAX Update:

Atlas -- This video shows building a todo Task List using Atlas, the new ASP.NET AJAX framework.

Interview with me on Sys-Con

Sys-con magazine also last week published an online video interview with me on their web-site that you can watch here.  In it, I talk a little about the history of ASP.NET as well as our approach and plans with Atlas.  I also reference a new web-site here that you can visit to register for additional free web-casts on ASP.NET 2.0.  If you live in the US or Canada and watch three of the web-casts, you can register to receive a free copy of Visual Studio Standard edition.

Hope this helps,

Published Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:52 AM by ScottGu
Filed under: , , ,

Comments

# re: Great ASP.NET 2.0 Tutorial Videos Online

Sunday, February 26, 2006 4:37 PM by Gregor Suttie
Scott - these videos are superb and would be nice to see more of them - they have shown some topics I havent seen before - more fo the same please.

Cheers
Gregor Suttie

Sunday, February 26, 2006 4:48 PM by scottgu@microsoft.com
Hi Gregor,

We are working on even more. Glad you like them! :-)

Thanks,

Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:14 PM by Kim
Will we see code downloads for items pasted from clipboard, css etc.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:43 PM by Rich Thomas
Scott,

I agree, these videos are great! I expecially enjoyed the "Tips and Tricks" video. One question: is the code from the encrypt configuration settings part of this available?

Thanks again,

Rich Thomas

Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:05 PM by Samboy LIms
This is a really excellent post especially for those lke me who want to jump-start their .NET learning. Good things just keeps on coming from your blog. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:11 PM by scottgu@microsoft.com
Hi Kim,

Yep -- we are working on making the code downloads that accompany the videos available as well.

Thanks,

Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:57 PM by Jim
Scott,
Sharing knowlege is priceless and so I wish to thank you for your time in making these videos.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:29 PM by Shawn
Marketing shmarketing, these videos not only helped me switch from PHP to ASP.NET 2.0, but also MADE me want to switch more than anything I've seen yet. EXCELLENT job, and I can't wait to see what comes up next with these videos :D

Shawn

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:03 AM by X
Thanks Scott for the links.

Question: Any tips on deployment? Esp deployment with databases. {connection strings etc etc}

Most of the videos i've seen is just " Hit Copy Website and Upload" however it doesnt seem to work that way.

Regards and Thanks!

Monday, February 27, 2006 3:50 AM by Mehdi Daryagholy
Thanks a million Scott for these videos.
I really enjoy them and wish success for you.
keep on your hard working.

Thanks again with the best wishes from Iran

Monday, February 27, 2006 6:44 AM by Kanaiya
Excellent videos! Keep more coming....

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:14 AM by Rich Thomas
Thank you, Scott, for the link to the article "Encrypting Configuration Information in ASP.NET 2.0 Applications." It's exactly what I needed.

Rich

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:26 AM by cowgaR
_great_ videos, I put them on TOP of my xx-GiagaBytes dev videos colletion, the picture is really sharp to the small size of them (compared to webcasts). The guy presenting them (named Scott) is really skilled with VWD tool, I learned a few handy tricks I really didn't know about. Like dragging a stylesheet to code window of a page will put <link rel="... line or double-clicking properties will expand them (doh! :)

What was I dissapointed a bit was for example Master Pages video, where the presenter is doing hard TABLE LAYOUT combo magic, and not only for positioning elements, but also for styles. It is nice he presents visual goodies of VWD to style elements, but in the end they are hardcoded to .master or .aspx page and it isn't a great win.
I would like to see your approach ScottGu you've taken a while ago with CSS and divs.
E.g. watching a 'wizard' chapter where we could see what this control generates in the end (HTML) and how can we change the style of it in .skin or .css files and use VWD as a help (VS with CSS plugin is a better win).

# Great ASP.NET 2.0 Tutorial Videos Online

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:15 AM by Manoj.P.George
It's really excellent work and time consuming, it saved my Timely hours and requirements deliverables, and I think It's right time for me to use this features on to my new ASP.NET 2development.

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:18 PM by Dave Truxall
Scott,

Is there anyone at Microsoft doing the same kinds of video tutorials you are doing for ASP.Net but for Winforms?

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:26 PM by scottgu@microsoft.com
Hi Dave,

Yes -- we are working on doing similar videos for Windows Forms as well. What we are finding is that this format is perfect for learning any technology.

Thanks,

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:00 PM by Shane Perran
I would love to see these types of videos geared toward SharePoint, slip this note to the SharePoint team too willya :)

Thanks for sharing!

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:13 PM by Alex Chang
Scott,

Excellent work on producing these videos. I am asking our development team to go through these. One quick question: What screen-recording tool are you using for producing these tutorials?

Thanks!

Alex

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:16 PM by scottgu@microsoft.com
Hi Alex,

I believe we are using Camtasia to build these videos.

Thanks,

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:26 PM by Jeff Atwood

Thanks for all the great compliments on the videos!

I forwarded them to the team here at Vertigo Software that developed these videos for Microsoft -- Scott Stanfield, Tom Phan, and Jack Gao.

We spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to get these "just right." And if you've ever worked with our CEO, Scott Stanfield, you know he's a perfectionist and quite the video enthusiast. :)

Alex, the videos were created using a combination of Camtasia and Sony Vegas 6.

Monday, February 27, 2006 4:06 PM by Cory
Any one have a problem viewing these videos? My co-worker can view them and he has Media Player ver 9, but on my system (ver 10) I only get the audio, no video.

Thanks

Monday, February 27, 2006 5:11 PM by Matt
Excellent...Show, don't tell!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:48 AM by Rajesh J
u r doing great job. this help lots of people.
keep it up ScottGu

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:12 AM by anjee
Excellent source. Thank you very much.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:43 PM by Tommy
That's a very cool job I've seen for tutorial. Thanks

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:24 PM by LV
Thanks for these very useful videos, I have spent a lot of time reading and reading but nothing beat watching it, a short video worth more than hours of reading books and trying to imagine how it looks on actual design screen. Keep up the good work and hope to see more of these in the futue.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:50 PM by Murali Mohan
Thanks for these useful videos. Before I saw these videos, I had lots of confusion about some topics which are covered in videos. So now I came to very femilier with those topics. Anyhow, Visual representaions are very effective than normal study materials in text form or slides forms.

Keep up the good work and hope to see more of these in the future

Thursday, March 2, 2006 12:43 AM by Arthur
Scott,

Thanks for the effort. Just watched the data video and was blown away by what can be achieved. I'd love to see something involving adding\editing data across multiple tables which include foreign keys and constraints. Thanks again - great job.

Thursday, March 2, 2006 6:33 AM by Parag Kantharia
Thanks for the great efforts taken for the asp.net community. This really helps. More tutorials are welcomed.

Friday, March 3, 2006 11:13 AM by Big Joemayocis
Your videos are lovely, found out some new tricks. Esp that on Tips and Tricks. Keep it up. Its a good spirit for the Asp.NET community

Friday, March 3, 2006 1:48 PM by Ward Bekker
These video's should be added to the MSDN library documentation. It's already big, so a few vids wont hurt ;-). Keep 'em coming.

Saturday, March 4, 2006 1:36 PM by Sridhar Josyula
Hi Scott,

These videos wonderful, both in presentation and content. Great job!

Saturday, March 4, 2006 10:33 PM by Michael Beebe
Scott, these videos are incredible. Thanks for your hard work and for making them available to us all. They've really opened my eyes to the depth of this product.

Sunday, March 5, 2006 8:20 AM by Viking
They are just cool and coz of watching this videos i learn what i was not using and how simple are some things,
thanks again hoping to see more of your Video.

Regards
Viking

Sunday, March 5, 2006 10:00 PM by Antonio Chagoury
So good that it is now required reading (watching) for the entire team :P

Needless to say - superb!

Monday, March 6, 2006 6:40 AM by Guru
I watched very similar videos on asp.net 2.0 for more than 12 months ago on www.traincert.net

Monday, March 6, 2006 8:39 AM by Richard Ticona
Thanks for it's Videos
I'am Bolivian, I am also interested in some of the topics in Spanish. Thanks
Any direction? My mail is richardticona@hotmail.com

Monday, March 6, 2006 1:20 PM by yitro kurniawan
indonesian : Mantap means what a wonderful video,, thx a lot

Monday, March 6, 2006 10:31 PM by Randolph Judy
Scott,
An abundance of great information in such a small amount of time. I have plenty of reference material on 2003, but little on unleashing the potential of 2005. This has been a great help.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 2:36 PM by Manish
Excellent videos and quite useful! Keep up the good work guys. ASP.NET 2.0 will make developers more efficient. Is there a SQL Server 2005 video like this?

Thanks again!

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 8:48 PM by KoTi
Hi ,
Thanks for your work.

Regards,
KoTi

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 2:00 AM by AdRock
Anyone know where I can find the "Wizard and Validation Controls" video example not in VB but in C# instead? I'm mainly concerned with the code behind stuff.

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 9:02 AM by Ram Natarajan
Hi Scott!

I don't know how I hit on your site. I searched in Google and somehow I landed here. Lucky me.
I was looking everywhere for some intro tutorials on .NET. Basically I am a java web developer using struts. Recently I was asked to work on one of the .NET projects. Well guess what I am clueless.
So I started searching for some intros and I came to your site. Your video tutorials are too good. I learnt a lot in one hour which I cannot learn even if I go to a class. How beautiful are these turotials - quality yes the quality is too good. We need more of this stuff man. Now I see how really the Web is useful for educating yourself when there is quality stuff.
Thanks a lot for these wonderful QUALITY tutorials.

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 10:18 AM by scottgu
Hi Ram,

Glad you like them! :-)

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 12:16 PM by Teresa
Great videos! We are using the login and it works great when we debug, but when we actually deploy the program on the IIS server it doesn't recognize the passwords. It also says that it is read-only. Is there anyway to fix this or have any good web site that we can look at

Wednesday, March 8, 2006 12:42 PM by Will
Please make one of AJAX.NET!!!

Thursday, March 9, 2006 4:40 AM by Dudester
Great stuff Scott!

I've been using ASP.Net 1.x for several years now and now planning to migrate my sites with 2.0. I was blown away by how easy things can be done with the new version, and would like to commend you for your excellent tutorials. Thanks a lot!!

Thursday, March 9, 2006 3:21 PM by scottgu
Hi Teresa,

Can you send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) with details of the issue you are seeing? I can then help figure out what you are running into.

Thanks,

Scott

# Great way to learn basics fast

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:12 AM by Esben
Hi Scott
I've seen all the videos and i hope more is on the way. Especially the one with masterpages and CSS styling. I have a question about the video with users and userrole management. I like all the embedded functionality in the new controls BUT i think the videos id based too much on the embedded sqlserver express.

In the site management i cant switch sqlprovider, unless i have specifyed it manually in the website.config. And that makes it very difficult to use the user/login-controls with e.a. a existing database or if i want to use a database in another SQL server.
In generally the user/login-controls are very difficult to use if you dont want to use embedded sql server express. I'm missing mor info about how the controls work. Likewise it would be nice with some stuff about setting up the user-control to work width LDAP-servers, Active directory, windowslogon.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:48 PM by taptu.cum
GOD Bless you always guys... Keep healthy alright? We need you guys.. Thanks a lot... :-).. Any vidoes that plots a graph from a database data? :-)

Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:08 PM by Andy
Absolutely positively excellent!!!
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Thanks,
Andy

Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:20 PM by jinet
So good,I like it.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:59 AM by Siva
This simply superb

Thanks a lot

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:47 AM by Nagendra Mirajkar
Very Helpful video, Helps alot to all from a beginer to a expert, would like to see more complex features video. thanks alot to the team working on these videos.

Nagendra Mirajkar
npmirajkar@yahoo.co.in

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:43 AM by ameisez
I just started downloading but by reading the posts i can say this is a great video. i just hope that i can start from here. i am totally zero in terms of web development but just recently i want to give it a try. i am still confuse from where to start.

any help will be appreciated to let me know where is the best starting point :)

thanks

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:29 PM by Grant
I'll add my thanks to the multitudes! Excellent work - tell your manager I've approved promotions all round. :)

One thing that seems to be missing is tutorials / examples that show best practice. So many times I've read or heard "this is not best practice, but..." and at that point the value of the tutorial is lessened.

What I'd love to see is a few videos covering best practice on: Security (encryption and deployment issues across dev, test and prod environments), SQL Server for Membership and Roles, etc. What I'm getting at is that as soon as I need to think about developing for an enterprise application, the techniques used in existing examples are no longer suitable.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:47 AM by Choirul
Nice, great!
It will really help me to teach my newbie students :)

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:07 AM by Mursel
Great tuts Scott ... I learned a lot... anyway can you do some video on creating web controls for example: news control :)

Regards,

Mursel M.

Friday, March 17, 2006 7:10 PM by Lachof
I'll add another thanks to the list that it doesnt seem that will end :)

Scott maybe it could be usefull if there was a poll somewhere with a list of topics and then create videos for those most rated...

well, its an idea, hope it helps...

lachof
lachof2001@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:51 AM by scottgu
Hi Lachof,

We are looking right now at ways we can generate a lot more videos. Fingers crossed we'll have a plan soon. I think your idea of having a poll where people can vote on ones is a great ideas.

Thanks,

Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:26 PM by Yves
These videos are so great, it saves a lot of study a reading time. Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:00 AM by Srikanth
Fantastic Excellent Videos !! Keep Doing this more...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:24 AM by S.Salai Manimudiyan
Scott,

These videos are really great, Thanks a lot for explaining in step by step... It is very usefull to us.

Your great work is much appreciated.

Cheers,

S.Salai Manimudiyan
Sydney.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:27 AM by Mario
Really nice job! I have shared with my friends.

Keep them coming.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:20 PM by Groovemaker
good simple examples... what about real development tasks? Wizards are groovy but handle about 2% of developers needs...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:46 PM by Louis
DAMN BLOODY FINE I TELL YOU!!! Can't wait for more from you Scotty ol' chap.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:30 PM by Eshcol Robert J
Scott,
Thank you so much for helping me out this morning. Appreciate your taking the time to write back with much details. The videos are simply great !!! I learnt a lot from in there today.

Eshcol

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:18 AM by Craig Miskimmons
Excellent Videos has really helped me get to grips with ASP.NET 2.0. SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than any reference book i have looked at. keep up the good work

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:43 AM by HansL
Hello Scott,

I have recently started looking into ASP 2.0 from scratch. I have done a lot of programming before but never thought that Web development was of any use. It just seemed to be a very tedious way of achieving next to nothing.
I have looked in to almost all your videos on this page and I must say they are absolutely fantastic and for me they were (and still are, as reference) an invaluable tool for my ASP 2.0 knowledge!

Hans L

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:00 AM by Pankaj Koul
Simply a superb, Commendable Job, Need no more words to praise 

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:22 AM by Chua Wen Ching
Hmm... is the code for the videos ready to be downloaded? Am I missing something :)

Thanks.

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:28 AM by Chua Wen Ching
Cool. Thanks Scott.

Friday, March 24, 2006 6:55 PM by richa
Thanks very much. I loved your tutorial on wizard. Please keep up the good work

Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:14 PM by Sukhwant
I just love these videos. Great work.
Thanks a lot
Sukhwant

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:28 AM by Bigil
Wooo Hooo!!
It really helps, good stuff

rgds, BGL

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:27 PM by Mark
Scott,

Great webcasts & a question. Can one do the smtp email parts without a company Exchange server and how?

# re: Great ASP.NET 2.0 Tutorial Videos Online

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:35 AM by Jan D.
Great work. Thanks Scott. This will help you startup working with ASP.NET 2.0.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:22 AM by WeeZarD
Hi,

I love the videos and they are totally awesome. But I'm still having problems getting my page to be out on the Internet, especially those that deals with database. They work fine under localhost, but I get errors when I try to view the page from the Internet or Intranet. Wonder if there will be a more in depth guide to getting the configurations of IIS 6, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2000/2005 to work? I'm totally bugged by getting them to work. Any magic touch that I need to master? Cheers!

Monday, May 29, 2006 9:59 AM by Manikandan
Great One,Thank u,Its seem very Good For Learn.Its Very Usefull for Both Beginer And Developer.

Monday, May 29, 2006 11:09 AM by Damian
Scott,

I'd just like to say your videos were a great help for me when doing my MS e-learning course 2640 Upgrading from asp to asp.net.  You helped shed a light on a lot of things and now I have a MCP!

Thanks again and I look forward to more!

Damien (Ireland)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:01 PM by MaU
i think that asp.net and your video tutorial rocks

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:00 AM by Gopal Tayde
wonderful! These videos are really helpful.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:58 PM by Eric Swanson
Keep us updated on the WinForms and related videos! I have a lot of watching to do... good think I have my Gmini!

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 11:22 AM by ScottGu

Hi Mads,

If you want to send me email (scottgu@microsoft.com) I can send you the CSS and Images for the Todo Project.

Hope this helps,

Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:45 AM by Vinod
I've seen all the videos and Videos are really fantastic....! thank u for such purely free webcast series regards. VIN

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:33 PM by al
Would make peoples lives easier if your video would actually play on a mac as well, all the video sharing sites are using flash so that it's cross platform, you may want to do the same.

# re: Great ASP.NET 2.0 Tutorial Videos Online

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:04 PM by h.

I have searched high and low for something this GREAT! - nice work! - I look forward to coming back to this again and again!

h.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 4:53 PM by ht
I have a question regarding your video on "Localization". When you override the InitializeCulture(), how would you get the value for "Language1" in C#? Thanks.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:09 AM by Lau Kheng Soon
Hi Scott, superb! I love your tutorial very much. I have a question regarding Web Configuration Tool. How to I configure the project using SQL Server 2000 instead of SQL Server Express edition? Currenty I was not able to do any setup cuase I only have SQL Server 2005 install. Thanks

Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:42 AM by ScottGu

Hi Lau,

Here is a blog post I did that walksthrough how to configure ASP.NET to use SQL 2000 or SQL 2005 to store the application services content: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

Hope this helps,

Monday, October 23, 2006 10:44 PM by aspnoob
it would be wonderful if the tested database file can be included on future videos. i hope more videos on working with database can be added soon~ great work !

Thursday, November 2, 2006 1:37 PM by Jitendra
Really great and I can simply say I really got it so much helpful. cheers Jitendra

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 3:20 PM by DASS

VERY NICE WORK ,THANX VERY MUCH

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:52 AM by Ossie

Brilliant work Scott.

It would have taken me months of reading meaningless jargon to absorb the amount of data   I get from 15 mins watching your videos.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:46 PM by Norm

I must say, this has been the definitive link for a "newb" like myself.  Your help has launched me into ASP.NET 2.0 with the least amount of stress.   Thanks again, kudos.

Saturday, December 2, 2006 12:24 PM by rajamani

great information in such a short time. i jst saw one of the videos and was struck by the good attention on details on the videos.

great work and keep up the great work and many many thanks for providing it to all of us needy

Monday, December 4, 2006 2:23 AM by Yisman

Thanks. I thouroughly enjoyed every one of them.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:12 PM by Shaka

Hi scott, fantastic videos, just wondered whether you have any details on how you can use detials view to add data to a table in gridview; were one of the fields in the gridview is already populated with details from a different table. is this possible?

Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:27 AM by ScottGu

Hi Shaka,

Have you had a chance yet to check out the data access tutorials here: http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63

They take the data sample in the videos much further and show how to implement the most common data access patterns.

Hope this helps,

# How to write CSS for pages that are linked to a Master Page

Sunday, December 31, 2006 12:27 AM by Sergei

I have a Master page which is linked to few content pages. The master page contains the masthead, Navigation bar and footer. In the content pages i have created 3 paragraphs and what i want to do is position these paragraphs in to 3 columns using CSS. Now where should i write CSS to style the content in the content placeholder?

Sunday, December 31, 2006 11:15 AM by ScottGu

Hi Sergei,

What I'd recommend doing is storing the CSS rules in a separate .css stylesheet file, and then link to this stylesheet from within the <head> section of your Master Page.  Then all content pages will pick up the styles.

You can then use CSS class rules to optionally apply the rules to only select elements within your content page.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:13 AM by ScottGu

Hi Sergei,

I'd recommend checking out this past blog post of mine: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/07/22/Recipe_3A00_-Dynamic-Site-Layout-and-Style-Personalization-with-ASP.NET--.aspx

It discusses how to allow a user to dynamically customize both their master page and their theme preference.

Note that you don't have to have a .CSS file be under the app_theme directory.  Instead, you can have a .master file link to it directly - in which case you can share it across themes.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, January 4, 2007 3:18 AM by sergei

Thanks scott, I followed your instructions and wrote CSS rules in an external stylesheet file and linked it using the cssClass attribute and it is working now.

# ASP.NET 2.0 - How to add validation to a GridView when updating data

Thursday, January 4, 2007 7:01 AM by sergei

In VS 2005 How do i add validation to a GridView when updating data?

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:38 AM by alex

These videos really give you a headstart for 2.0. Thanks scott, Can I download the code that show in your videos from anywhere ??

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:37 AM by uday

Asp.net core accepts video would be really useful to us. can any provide atleast a link to those video sites.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:30 AM by slimani

Thanks a lot Scott, wonderful videos !!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:11 PM by Jason Tan

hello,

Does scott have a add rotater video tutorial ?

I love his video, his tips helps me a lot during my university day and provide good insight of what technology that i can use to develop new software for my company.