Free ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 "How Do I?" Videos (Updated for Final Release)

Joe Stagner on the ASP.NET team has been busy the last few weeks, and has just finished updating all 23 of his ASP.NET AJAX "How Do I?" videos to go against the final ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 release

If you haven't watched Joe's videos before, I highly recommend checking them out.  They are short, focused, videos that drill in on a specific topic and are designed to help master common scenarios when using the product.  Both VB and C# sample code versions can be downloaded for each video topic.

You can watch all of the videos online for free at: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/ (also make sure to check out the more than 50+ other videos on that page as well).

Now that Joe has finished covering a lot of the ASP.NET AJAX and ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit basics, he is starting on a new "ASP.NET AJAX Patterns" series that will go deeper and discuss broader patterns to think about with AJAX (for example: predictive fetching, content chunking, page rearrangement, etc).  Make sure to subscribe to the ASP.NET Videos RSS Feed to keep an eye on this series as future videos are released.

ASP.NET AJAX in Action Book

Alessandro "Garbin" Gallo, David Barkol, and Rama Krishna Vavilala have also been working on what is shaping up to be a great ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 book for Manning called "ASP.NET AJAX in Action":

Early chapters are now available online via their early access program.  Click here to learn more and start reading it today.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Published Monday, February 12, 2007 11:08 PM by ScottGu

Comments

# re: Free ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 "How Do I?" Videos (Updated for Final Release)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 3:14 AM by Kiril Rusev

I realy like the book. Waiting for full edition:)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:48 AM by Vikram

Good pointer to great links.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:26 AM by valens

Thanks Joe Stagner!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:04 AM by Ecreo webbureau

Thanks!

Looking forward to the printed version - in July :(

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:11 AM by Thacker

Thanks for the video tutorials -- a great resource.

It would help if these videos could be downloaded by their series/subject matter in one download rather then launching each one independently and then saving each video.

Again, thanks for the time, resources and money spent.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:55 PM by Bryan

As always awesome support and info for ASP.NET!

Thanks,

Bryan

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:15 PM by ScottGu

Hi Brennan,

Good suggestion - I just forwarded your pointer off to someone to take a look at.

thx!

Scott

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:58 PM by davidbarkol

We'll try to get it out soon, before July.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:12 PM by Will Allan

Hi Scott,

just to say that if anyone has problems with the Ajax videos being displayed in weird and wonderful colours, i think it'll be their Codecs and probably a good time to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 if they can.

It fixed the problem for me.

Incidentally they're excellent!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:02 AM by John Cruz

I cant wait for this book to come out. I want to buy it already...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:36 AM by Felipe Ajax

Any have the book in pdf? please leave the link.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:10 PM by PohEe.com

Brilliant. I like this videos so much. Keep it up :)

Friday, February 16, 2007 1:46 PM by Jeff Hanson

It's all very good until I try loading the extensions. At which point I get this message.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified'

I followed the video instruction and just can't get there. The base extensions work well but the control toolkit will not load

Friday, February 16, 2007 1:48 PM by ScottGu

Hi Jeff,

Can you double check that you have ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 installed on your system, and not an earlier Release Candidate build?

Thanks,

Scott

Monday, March 5, 2007 12:44 PM by chakrapani

very informative. very good

Friday, March 16, 2007 4:50 PM by Yvette

I'm getting this error too:

AJAX 1.0 is installed.

Trying to use the hovermenu extender.

Monday, March 19, 2007 2:58 AM by ScottGu

Hi Yvette,

You need to make sure you install the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.  It includes the hoverover extender control.

Thanks,