Here is a quick post on some great ASP.NET AJAX focused content that has been published recently:
ASP.NET AJAX Documentation Update
The ASP.NET documentation team recently posted a refresh of the ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 documentation. Click here to browse it or download it locally.
Here is a quick summary of some of the improvements:
- Updated 38 overview and tutorial topics to include suggestions, additional information, and fix inaccuracies
- Created a new conceptual topic about browser compatibility and security settings for AJAX-enabled Web sites
- Created two new conceptual topics for ASP.NET AJAX client lifecycle events
- Updated 243 client reference topics to address customer questions, and incorporate suggestions and feedback
- Created 14 new client reference topic about the Generated Proxy Classes
- Updated 165 code snippets to clarify coding patters, incorporate suggestions, and fix inaccuracies
- Added 61 new code snippets
New ASP.NET AJAX "How Do I?" Videos
Joe Stagner from the ASP.NET team has continued to publish great new ASP.NET AJAX "How Do I?" Videos (all of which are free):
Here are some of the recently published videos:
Watch all of his videos for free here.
How to Build a PageFlakes.com-like Home Page using ASP.NET AJAX
Omar Al Zabir is the co-founder and CTO of www.PageFlakes.com - a really cool web 2.0 home-page service (that is also built using ASP.NET AJAX).
He wrote a great article that walksthrough how to build a customized portal home-page that enables client-side drag/drop and user personalization:
You can read his article on how to build the above site using ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 and download the sample code here.
Eilon's ASP.NET AJAX Blog Posts
Eilon Lipton is a key developer on the ASP.NET team, and has a great blog here. He has a number of recent ASP.NET AJAX posts to check out:
Bertrand's ASP.NET AJAX Posts
Bertrand Le Roy is a key developer on the ASP.NET team, and is also representing Microsoft within the OpenAJAX alliance. He maintains a great blog here.
A few great ASP.NET AJAX posts he has written recently:
Bertrand has also written a great PDF book with Matt Gibbs that you can obtain through O'Reilly's Short Cuts series. It is called "ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel Control" and (surprise!) covers how to use the ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel control. You can get it here.
Jeff Prosise Drag-Drop Example
Hope this helps,