LIDNUG: Free Online Virtual Chat with Me Today

LIDNUG (Linked .NET Users Group) is hosting an online chat with me today (Wednesday) from 11:30am to 1pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).  Anyone is free to join and the agenda topic will be open – so bring your questions!

Click here to learn more about how to register and attend it.

Hope to chat with you more then,

Scott

May 30th Update: If you missed the chat you can watch it online: http://www.lidnug.org/

Published Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:47 AM by ScottGu

Comments

# re: LIDNUG: Free Online Virtual Chat with Me Today

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:07 AM by Anand

Please publish the Question and Answers after the chat so that it will be helpful for others who are not able to attend this meeting.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:57 AM by San

I'm a newbie and developing Directshow filters for audio codecs. I'd like to have some help in Seeking. My filter graph is

OGG Demux Source -> FLAC Decode DMO -> Audio Renderer

To perform seeking, "OGG Demux Source" needs the sampling rate and other information available in "FLAC Decode DMO". How does "OGG Demux Source" get thest information from "FLAC Decode DMO"

Thanks,

San

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:40 AM by Michel Comeau

That should prove interesting :-)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:19 AM by Brian H. Madsen

Hi Scott,

Needless to say, we're very happy that you're coming to visit us at the Linked .Net Users Group!

730+ members registered so far for the event, with more dropping in at the very last moment.

Just wanted to add one minor thing - we have a 1 year MSDN Premium Subscription with Visual Studio Team Suite 2008 up for grabs at the event plus we're giving away JetBrains licenses (1 for each 25 attending) as well.

Looking forward to seeing you and your readers at the event.

Cheers,

Brian H. Madsen

ASP.Net MVP

Group Manager - Linked .Net Users Group

www.lidnug.org

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:22 AM by Goudinov

I won't be able to attend.  Will a transcript be made available?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:13 PM by ShivamG

Hi;

I have been trying to register for the event butI seem to be getting timeouts from the linkedin site. Looking forward to read the transcript and watch the video on lidnug.org.

Regards

Shivam

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:31 PM by Steve Shaffar

Hi Scott.

Would have loved the Q&A but I wasted the whole hour trying to get Office Live Meeting 2007 to work...I never heard a single word. My first experience with this product sucked! Fortunately ASP.NET MVC rocks!

Thanks anyway,

Steve Shaffar

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:00 PM by PeterGibbons

Thanks Scottgu!  I forget... who did you end up eating first?  Was it RobCon or ScottHa?   PhilHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack?

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:03 PM by Isaac Abraham

Scott - thanks again for coming from all of us on LIDNUG. There were loads of questions and I'm amazed that you were able to keep answering them for almost 90 mins straight! You also picked a great mix of questions - must have been interesting for you seeing the different questions people were asking vis a vis what people's interest were (by far the most popular question being the ORM one!).

Thanks again and looking forward to having you on again in the future

Isaac

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:05 PM by Andri

I attended the event today and simply wanted to thank you for being so responsive to the community.  Keep up the good work.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:31 PM by K.Asaithambi

Hi,

How do I upload the image into sql server database and display the image using by ASP.NET?

I need your advice.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:05 AM by dave_winchester

This is great. Will see if I can make it.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:20 AM by Peter "Shawty" Shaw

It was a great session Scott, you must do it again some time.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:32 AM by sandit27

That is great. Would definitely like to talk to you Scott.

Will try to make it today :)

Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:04 AM by smehaffie

Got to busy and did not see the announcement about this until it was to late.  Will look forward to listening to the recorded session later.  Hope that this can be done again (maybe you can make this a quarterly or bi-yearly event).  You just have so much great information to share with all us Geeks.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:21 AM by Rick Stone

Scott,

I enjoyed the chat yesterday and thanks for answering my question.

You had mentioned that you were going to have a meeting to discuss how to better provide guidance or a road map for learning and using all of the new technologies coming from MS today.  I really think this is a good idea and I hope something comes out of it relatively soon.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:33 AM by Rick Stone

What was the correct answer to the trivia question. Was it "Project Cool?"

Friday, May 29, 2009 1:06 AM by krishna

Hi Scott,

May i know what is the cloud computing?

Could you also please let me know the new features in .Net Framework4.0

Thanks,

krishna

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:35 PM by dwight

I guess I should read this blog in the AM and not in the PM.

Sorry I missed this session.