Nice “Quick Hit” Videos about ASP.NET 4 and VS 2010

[In addition to blogging, I am also now using Twitter for quick updates and to share links. Follow me at: twitter.com/scottgu]

I’ve been working on a series of blog posts the last few months that cover some of the new features coming with .NET 4 and VS 2010.

Earlier today someone pointed me at some nice “quick hit” videos that have been published that also provide quick first looks at some of the new features coming with ASP.NET 4 and VS 2010.  These videos aren’t an exhaustive list of everything new – but do provide a great way to quickly learn about many of the cool new things coming with the release.

ASP.NET 4 Videos

You can learn more about some of the new ASP.NET 4 features by watching these 22 ASP.NET Quick Hit Videos.

image

VS 2010 Videos

You can learn more about a few of the new VS 2010 features by watching these 8 VS 2010 Quick Hit Videos.

image

ASP.NET Team Member Interviews

In addition to the feature demo videos above, you can also watch these ASP.NET team member interviews done by Scott Hanselman.  In them various ASP.NET team members talk about a few of the new features they’ve worked on.

image

There are a lot more features coming with .NET 4 and VS 2010 not covered by all of these videos.  But hopefully the above clips provide a good way to quickly get a sense of some of the new capabilities.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Published Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:12 PM by ScottGu
Filed under: , ,

Comments

# re: Nice “Quick Hit” Videos about ASP.NET 4 and VS 2010

Friday, January 29, 2010 2:54 AM by coho

Good... video...

Friday, January 29, 2010 3:46 AM by shailatlas

Hello Scott,

These videos are great help, but I am always curious. How things happen behind the scenes. Still so many confusions on how HTTP Pipeline is organized and how things start in it. I really appreciate that how MS is helping developers to get common things clear. But some developers like me would like to have more and more deep knowledge.

Are there any videos which also helps to understand the basics of .NET architecture. Specially like how CLR works and how Framework library is organized ?

There were of these videos in starting days of .NET. Like I have watched many from MSDN show and TV.

Shail

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:01 AM by Artem

Shail, get a nice book about ASP.NET Essentials. No video could be deep.

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:06 AM by Mahesh

Consider this videos, its easy to get ideas... thank you scott...

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:44 AM by Mike Kingscott

That looks like a great set of videos, I've watched five so far, will pick up the rest later - watching videos counts as work, doesn't it?

Friday, January 29, 2010 8:07 AM by Joe Stagner

Thanks for the plug for the videos Scott.

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:13 PM by Aditya

Aweseome Scott.These help us a lot.

Friday, January 29, 2010 10:59 PM by asifdhk

I always checkout your site and www.asp.net/learn once a week and I have already gone through all those videos. Those are awesome and quick way to start experimenting with the new tool. I am waiting for ASP.NET 4.0 & VS2010 to come out. When will be these available in production level?

Sunday, January 31, 2010 9:00 AM by nannette

Thanks for compiling this list! Looking forward to this new release!

Nannette Thacker

Monday, February 1, 2010 2:54 AM by jack.niu

Great video, seeing the video will save more time than ppt and posts.

Monday, February 1, 2010 3:09 AM by Juha

Are these videos available without requiring silverlight plugin?

Monday, February 1, 2010 5:21 AM by Ph.E

Friends,

All videos are already working with the MVC methodology or ASP pure?

Monday, February 1, 2010 12:21 PM by Robert

While I certainly appreciate all the work and effort you put into these blog posts, I'm beginning to think you are a one horse train - ASP.NET/Silverligh. How about covering other technologies - other than web - like WPF?

Monday, February 1, 2010 6:39 PM by andy

Looks like a great resource, thanks. any chance of providing them as a single downloadable zip, all videos in one zip, to watch offline ?

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:03 PM by Juka Araujo

One of the videos that I like best is the Client Predictable IDs. Very good! Thanks for sharing so much knowledge.

Friday, February 5, 2010 4:36 AM by sanjay

The videos were of great help. I am intrested to know how it happens behind the scenes

Friday, February 5, 2010 8:26 AM by Sam Stange

I was very excited about the data compare and schema compare options in VS 2010. Crashed for me in beta 2, but hopefully the RC will fix it. Is that Red Gate's SQL Compare/Data Compare or MSFT custom built?

Monday, February 15, 2010 4:31 AM by Mark Nongkhlaw

Looks like no new features for Dynamic Data :( I wonder whether any of those DD previews or futures have made it to the RC.