Windows Azure

As some of you might know, I’ve spent much of my time the last 6 months working on Windows Azure – which is Microsoft’s Cloud Computing Platform (I also continue to run the teams that build ASP.NET, core pieces of .NET and VS, and a bunch of other products too).

I’m pretty excited about where we are going with Windows Azure – it is going to enable a number of great new scenarios for developers.  Over the next few months I’m going to be blogging a lot more about it – and I’ll cover both what it provides as well as how you can easily take advantage of it as developers.

Learn Windows Azure Talk

Before the holidays we held a special “Learn Windows Azure” event.  A recording of the keynote I gave is now available to watch online.  It provides a 90 minute end-to-end look at Windows Azure, covers what it is and how it works, and walks-through a bunch of demos + code on how you can program against it.  You can now watch my talk online and download the slides and samples.

image

Over the new few weeks and months I’ll be blogging more, and will go deeper into Windows Azure and discus both what you can do with it, as well as how to easily get started.

Hope this helps,

Scott

P.S. In addition to blogging, I use Twitter to-do quick posts and share links. My Twitter handle is: @scottgu

Published Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:35 PM by ScottGu
Filed under: , , ,

Comments

# re: Windows Azure

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:51 AM by Tobias Zimmergren

I'm looking forward to some new posts in the Azure series, Scott.

Keep it up!

Monday, January 16, 2012 2:19 AM by Soham

I'm excited to learn Azure. And also looking forward to your upcoming posts. Keep it up.

Monday, January 16, 2012 2:26 AM by Jorge Alvarado

Just in time to start my adventure in the cloud!

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:06 AM by XIII

That's great Scott! I hope you can show off the awesomeness that Azure is and how to make all the pieces fit together to create compelling enterprise applications with best practices.

Grz, Kris.

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:38 AM by Colin Farr

I've started writing more blog posts about Azure over the last 6 months and I've noticed interest has been growing a lot in this area. Looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Monday, January 16, 2012 4:03 AM by Mike Graham

Your continued leadership in these times of great upheaval is comforting and gives me hope for the future of the Microsoft stack in my professional career.

Monday, January 16, 2012 6:57 AM by Alex LF

Thank you! Watched that online. But please keep those Azure blogs coming. I've almost done with my Azure pet project and even bought a book on Azure. Everything is helpful (have been working with blobs for a month but learnt about CloudBlobDirectory only yesterday! sheeesshh! :) )

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:00 AM by Steven Wade

I look forward to future blog posts, in the meantime would you highly recommend using Azure to host ASP.NET applications?

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:26 PM by Roger Jennings

Scott,

I look forward to more frequent blog posts from you about Windows Azure and, hopefully, SQL Azure.

Cheers,

--rj

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:51 AM by Luis

Sadly, being a Bizspark member located at Argentina, we can't make use of the available monthly hours to test the platform for hosting our services.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:38 PM by Chris

From what I have been hearing and reading for quite some time, Azure will support Node.js along with the .Net stack. Does that mean that just like the desktop .Net will have secondary status on the server side too?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:38 PM by Martin

Hello Scott,

i think you are a really good speaker.

Is it possible to get Remote Desktop Access to the server running on Azure, and install whatever you like (just like Amazon), or is the environment tied to only using the Microsoft stack of software already pre-installed?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:48 PM by Martin

I can see that i was a little to quick to ask that question (now that i have watched all of your talk).

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:51 AM by abercrombie

It is useful for me!

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:12 PM by Stefen

If your series on azure is as good as the MVC series then this will be fantastic !

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:05 AM by mailfolorunso

I think Redmond's 'Azure hook' planted by moving The Gu to the azure division to drag us the developers along is working. I am beginning to love azure now.Got two books on it already and ready to play the game hard this year. Thanks Gu and thanks the Azure team ! Itz a great platform !

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:36 AM by Dilish

Interesting Scott..! Just saw your post 5 AM and I couldn't stop watching this. Thanks for a wonderful presentation. As a developer feeling more powerful when it comes to deploying and managing these servers with out the help of "IT Engineers". Gonna try this soon.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:10 PM by Luiz Inacio

Looking forward to read your next blog posts. I have been using Windows Azure for the past 6 months...

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:37 AM by abiruban

Iam try to install Windows Azure.

In the third step asking Credit card number and details

but i have no credit card. I have only debit card .

Are there any other ways to install Windows Azure?