This morning we released a major set of updates to Windows Azure. These updates included:
- Web Sites: General Availability Release of Windows Azure Web Sites with SLA
- Mobile Services: General Availability Release of Windows Azure Mobile Services with SLA
- Auto-Scale: New automatic scaling support for Web Sites, Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Alerts/Notifications: New email alerting support for all Compute Services (Web Sites, Mobile Services, Cloud Services, and Virtual Machines)
- MSDN: No more credit card requirement for sign-up
All of these improvements are now available to use immediately (note: some are still in preview). Below are more details about them.
This week we released some great updates to Windows Azure that make it significantly easier to develop mobile applications that use the cloud. These new capabilities include:
Windows Azure provides a great environment for dev/test. This is true both for scenarios where you want to dev/test in the cloud and then run the production app in the cloud, as well as for scenarios where you want to dev/test in the cloud and then run the production app using an existing on-premises Windows Server environment.
This morning we released some fantastic enhancements to Windows Azure: