Earlier today I blogged about a big update we made today to Windows Azure, and some of the great new features it provides.
Today I’m also excited to also announce the release of the Windows Azure SDK 2.2. Today’s SDK release adds even more great features including:
- Visual Studio 2013 Support
- Integrated Windows Azure Sign-In support within Visual Studio
- Remote Debugging Cloud Services with Visual Studio
- Firewall Management support within Visual Studio for SQL Databases
- Visual Studio 2013 RTM VM Images for MSDN Subscribers
- Windows Azure Management Libraries for .NET
- Updated Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets and ScriptCenter
The below post has more details on what’s available in today’s Windows Azure SDK 2.2 release. Also head over to Channel 9 to see the new episode of the Visual Studio Toolbox show that will be available shortly, and which highlights these features in a video demonstration.
This morning we released a huge set of updates to Windows Azure. These new capabilities include:
- Backup Services: General Availability of Windows Azure Backup Services
- Hyper-V Recovery Manager: Public preview of Windows Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager
- Virtual Machines: Delete Attached Disks, Availability Set Warnings, SQL AlwaysOn Configuration
- Active Directory: Securely manage hundreds of SaaS applications
- Enterprise Management: Use Active Directory to Better Manage Windows Azure
- Windows Azure SDK 2.2: A massive update of our SDK + Visual Studio tooling support
All of these improvements are now available to use immediately. Below are more details about them.
Today we released some great updates to Windows Azure:
- Virtual Machines: Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Cloud Services: Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and .NET 4.5.1
- Windows Azure Pack: Use Windows Azure features on-premises using Windows Server 2012 R2
- Price Cuts: Up to 22% Price Reduction on Memory-Intensive Instances
Below are more details about each of the improvements:
Today we released VS 2013 and .NET 4.5.1. These releases include a ton of great improvements, and include some fantastic enhancements to ASP.NET and the Entity Framework. You can download and start using them now.
Below are details on a few of the great ASP.NET, Web Development, and Entity Framework improvements you can take advantage of with this release. Please visit http://www.asp.net/vnext for additional release notes, documentation, and tutorials.