I’ll be in Ireland and the UK next week presenting at several events. Below are details on the talks I’ll be doing if you want to come along and hear them:
Dublin: Monday Dec 2nd
I’m doing two separate free events in Dublin on Monday:
- Windows Azure and the Cloud at Mon 1-3pm. This event is free to attend, and I’ll be doing a two hour keynote/overview session on Windows Azure as part of it. This will be a great talk to attend if you are new to Windows Azure and are interested in learning more about what you can do with it. Later sessions at the event also cover VS 2013, building iOS/Android apps with C# using Xamarin, and F# with Data and the Cloud. Lean more here and sign-up for free.
- Building Real World Application using Windows Azure at Mon 6:00-9:00pm. This event is also free to attend, and during it I’ll walkthrough building a real world application using Windows Azure and discuss patterns and best practice techniques for building real world apps along the way. The content is intermediate/advanced level (my goal is to melt your brain by the end) but doesn’t assume prior knowledge of Windows Azure. Learn more here and sign-up for free.
There is no content overlap between the two talks – so feel free to attend both if you want to!
This morning we released another great set of enhancements to Windows Azure. Today’s new capabilities include:
- BizTalk Services: General Availability Release
- Traffic Manager: General Availability Release
- Active Directory: General Availability Release of Application Access Support
- Mobile Services: Active Directory Support, Xamarin support for iOS and Android with C#, Optimistic concurrency
- Notification Hubs: Price Reduction + Debug Send Support
- Web Sites: Diagnostics Support for Automatic Logging to Blob Storage
- Storage: Support for alerting based on storage metrics
- Monitoring: Preview release of Windows Azure Monitoring Service Library
All of these improvements are now available to use immediately (note that some features are still in preview). Below are more details about them:
This morning we released another massive set of enhancements to Windows Azure. Today’s new capabilities include:
- Storage: Import/Export Hard Disk Drives to your Storage Accounts
- HDInsight: General Availability of our Hadoop Service in the cloud
- Virtual Machines: New VM Gallery, ACL support for VIPs
- Web Sites: WebSocket and Remote Debugging Support
- Notification Hubs: Segmented customer push notification support with tag expressions
- TFS & GIT: Continuous Delivery Support for Web Sites + Cloud Services
- Developer Analytics: New Relic support for Web Sites + Mobile Services
- Service Bus: Support for partitioned queues and topics
- Billing: New Billing Alert Service that sends emails notifications when your bill hits a threshold you define
All of these improvements are now available to use immediately (note that some features are still in preview). Below are more details about them.