Microsoft has announced the availability of ASP.NET MVC 4 Beta. You can get the all details on ASP.NET MVC 4 Beta at http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc4. The greatest new feature of ASP.NET MVC 4 Beta is the addition of ASP.NET Web API which lets the developers to build REST based services which can be easily consume from variety of clients including browsers and mobile devices. These HTTP services are ideal for clients which are building by using Ajax and following a highly responsive UI.
For more details on ASP.NET Web API, you can watch the presentation taken by Daniel Roth, a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft, from here.
The following are the other new features included in the ASP.NET MVC 4
- Refreshed and modernized default project templates
- New mobile project template
- Many new features to support mobile apps
- Recipes to customize code generation
- Enhanced support for asynchronous methods
The new ASP.NET MVC 4 project dialog is shown below