The weblogs.asp.net/blogs.msdn.com bits were updated tonight. The following features were added:
- Comments per blog can now be moderated.
- This is configured on the Preferences page (Admin > Options > Preferences)
- Individual comments can be toggled on the feedback page (Admin > Feedback)
- An email will be sent after each comment is posted. This will let the admin know if the comment needs to be moderated or not. In addition, it will contain a link which will toggle the status.
- When a user makes a comment to a moderated post they will be directed to a page stating the comment needs to be approved before it will show up.
- Multiple comments can now be deleted at one time
This as well happens on the Feedback page (Admin > Feedback). Simply click the checkbox next to any comment you wish to delete. Then click “delete” at the bottom of the page Comment form expiration
- The new comment form is now deactivated on any post older than 30 days.
This is currently a global setting. In the future it will be configurable by each blogger.
This build is not
ready for mass consumption yet, so I am not sure if/when it will be released to the public.