Currency Conversion rates via a Web Service

Some time ago I found the following Web Service, which provides the currency conversion rates for free. The WebSite also provides some other very nice services. I thought it would be interesting to bookmark that one. What kind of Web Service do you use to do the currency conversion?

Sonu

Comments

# Daniel said:

Will check it out. Thanks.

Friday, May 18, 2007 4:19 AM
# Primoz said:

Did anyone implement this into theit WEB page VIA Ajax?

I need a solution for currency convert for my page and would like to do it via ajax. dissapointed that google or yahoo do not provide web api to their  currency convert services :(

Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:14 AM
# azam said:

its ok let me check

Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:46 AM
# vishal said:

it dosent contain all currencies.Do you know any free webservicec for conversion with all cureencies?

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:16 AM
# Praveena said:

I have used this webservice and it is pretty good, but i have one problem with this as it is taking only parameters which are pre defined, but i need to pass dropdownlist selected value as one parameter and the second one is USD.   Anyone has sample code to do like this , Plzzzzzzzz help me out

Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:26 PM
# Hi sonu said:

The web service is asking for web service credentials while adding it as web reference in my .net app .How do i go about accessing the Method in it

Siddharth

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:12 AM
# Pedro said:

Someone know how it is possible update the placeholders with the actual values?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:32 AM
# Pedro said:

Did anyone implement this into their WEB page VIA SOAP?

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:54 AM

break;

case "INR":

obj = net.webservicex.www.Currency.INR;

break;

}

create another object(obj1) as like above

net.webservicex.www.CurrencyConvertor cr = new net.webservicex.www.CurrencyConvertor();

double euro_us = cr.ConversionRate(obj, obj1);

now you can pass the dropdownlist's value.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Jehilan.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:09 AM
# santosh said:

Please Give Me Web Service for Inr To USD carrency Converter. my emil id is sendme24hours@ymail.com

Friday, March 6, 2009 2:11 AM
# iii store special intensity said:

cupcake efficiency absolute range offset past melts

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:25 PM
# Viral said:

thanks for nice article dear,

i want to know that, how can i bind the dropdownlist of the all the countries that provided in web service, because i want to add 2 dropdownlist   of the country and then i take the value of the dropdownlist dynamically.

if u have the code  then please send me on viralsarvaiya_84@yahoo.co.in.

waiting for favorable reply...

regards,

Viral sarvaiya

Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:28 AM
# khairilz said:

Hi,

Do you know how accurate is the currency in the webservice?

I cant find any information on that plus, the resource that this web service gets its data from.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:13 AM
# Tejes said:

Hi,

I've an issue in IIS 5.1.

Am using currency convertor webservice provided by www.webservicex.net

It works fine, if i run in debug mode. But if i host the project in IIS 5.1, it shows the following error.

"System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 209.162.186.60:80 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at net.webservicex.www.CurrencyConvertor.ConversionRate(Currency FromCurrency, Currency ToCurrency) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\currency\2c61a503\91943083\App_WebReferences"

I might've missed some steps in IIS . Could anyone please help me out ?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:36 AM
# Call Me Smart said:

I am new to Dot Net

My Requirement is :

In Asp.net

User will select his country currency and enter the amount

What i want is :

User given value conversion to my requirement may be U.S Dollar or U.K Pounds whatever it may be.

The  main thing is i need Updated value of currency.

It's urgent.  Help me clearly .

What to place in .aspx file

Coding in aspx.cs file

Completely

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:34 AM
# guides in st.Petersburg said:

Aku bertanya-tanya sekarang jika kita dapat berbicara tentang statistik situs Anda - volume pencarian, dll, saya sedang mencoba situs yang saya dapat membeli adspace melalui - beritahu saya jika kita bisa bicara tentang harga dan yang lainnya. Cheers mate Anda melakukan pekerjaan yang besar sekalipun.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:29 AM
# google web promotion said:

thanks amigo! great post!

Friday, December 17, 2010 8:18 AM
# live streaming tv said:

هذا هو بلدي أنا أول مرة زيارة هنا. لقد وجدت الكثير من الاشياء في بلوق الخاص بك لا سيما مناقشتها. من طن من التعليقات على المواد الخاصة بك ، واعتقد انني لست الوحيد وجود جميع التمتع هنا! استمروا في العمل الجيد.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:08 AM
# avnish said:

this is wrost webservice

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:55 AM
# zithromax said:

Wacker, welche nötige Wörter..., der bemerkenswerte Gedanke

Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:02 PM
# Uroxatral said:

Ich meine, dass Sie den Fehler zulassen. Ich kann die Position verteidigen. Schreiben Sie mir in PM.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:07 AM
# eulexin said:

Excuse, the question is removed

Sunday, June 12, 2011 5:34 AM
# antabuse said:

Questo non ГЁ logico

Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:50 AM
# revia said:

Che cosa scaturisce da questo?

Monday, June 13, 2011 11:53 AM
# zennoposter said:

You are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:32 PM
# Nila Crivello said:

Hi there, just became cognizant of your weblog via Google, and discovered that it can be actually informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate when you continue this in future. Loads of folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:05 PM
# Debroah Mier said:

What you say is reasonable, yet I still take reservations on this issue ~

Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:13 AM
# заказать фуршет said:

Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is and it is excellent idea. It is ready to support you.

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:44 PM
# aricept facts said:

Ex7hTY re comments really that big a deal?

Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:14 AM
# McGafter said:

Does anybody know where WebserviceX gets the exchange rates form?

I need to convince clients to use it and they want to know if the values are legitimate.

Monday, August 8, 2011 3:43 AM
# konsultatywa said:

im a serial commenter

Friday, August 26, 2011 10:54 AM
# uroxatral 10 mg said:

Radically the incorrect information

Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:33 PM
# ibrahim.marasa said:

Here you will find how to building an AJAX currency converter with ASP.NET, jQuery and Google

www.magic-dev.com/ajax-currency-converter-asp-net-google.htm

Monday, September 5, 2011 11:49 AM
# noclegi szklarska poreba said:

good blog as usual

Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:38 AM
# Eslam said:

How to call this web service in my asp.net application ?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:09 AM
# wypadki samochodowe said:

Looking forward to then

Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:04 PM
# ebooks said:

well, this is what I'm looking for, thanks bro

Friday, December 23, 2011 5:35 AM
# Oluwafemi said:

I have been looking for how to consume this... Thanks Jehilan!

I re-modified it to display the result in a textbox.

Code below...

private void GetRate()

{

Currency obj = new Currency();

obj = Currency.GBP;

Currency obj2 = new Currency();

obj2 = Currency.USD;

CurrencyConvertor cr = new CurrencyConvertor();

double euro_us = cr.ConversionRate(obj, obj2);

TextBox2.Text = euro_us.ToString();

TextBox2.Visible = false;

}

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!IsPostBack)

{

GetRate();

}

}

Am sure its gonna help others too. *Smiles*

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:48 AM
# Oluwafemi said:

Don't forget to set the TextBox2.Visible to true... Cheers!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:52 AM
# Pace said:

It's an amazing article in support of all the online viewers; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:57 AM
# Biggs said:

Fabulous, what a website it is! This webpage gives useful data to

us, keep it up.