June 2004 - Posts
Today Microsoft has released Beta versions of it's Express productline, seems pretty cool for Individual developers to have a hands-on experience with Whidbey particularly. In MUGH (Microsoft User Group, Hyderabad), people are repeatedly asking for a chance to get on to Whidbey and here they should go...:-)
01. Visual Basic 2005 Express :- Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition enables you to create Windows Forms- and console-based applications as well as class libraries.
02. Visual C# 2005 Express :- Visual C# 2005 Express Edition enables you to create Windows Forms- and console-based applications as well as class libraries.
03. Visual Web Dev 2005 Express :- Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition is focused exclusively
on Web development with ASP.NET 2.0. Choose from Visual Basic, C#, or J# languages.
04. SQL Server 2005 Express :- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition complements the other Express products by providing database support that is both powerful and easy to use.
The coolest addon which comes with these products is “RSS Screen Saver “
RSS Screen Saver :- The Visual C# Express Edition 2005 RSS screen saver is a fully customizable sample application and documentation that shows how you can create a screensaver that rotates through background images and displays content from an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed.
Check out this cool article on MSDE Deployment with your application installer package.
“Summary: Learn how to use the MSDE Deployment Toolkit (Release Candidate) to integrate MSDE deployment functionality into your application's installation package with minimal effort. Additionally, get some insight into building a reusable installer class to make this process even faster and easier. (24 printed pages)” - from msdn
! also started offering 100 MB free accounts to it's users. :-)
On 5/21/2004 MSDN has published this MOIBF1 Beta Release
The Microsoft® Office Information Bridge Framework is a set of software components, tools, and prescriptive guidance that enable developers to create solutions that connect Microsoft Office System applications to virtually any enterprise system or application.Specifically, Information Bridge includes:
· A client-side component, which interprets the context of a region or business entity within an Office document based on the underlying XML markup, and then connects the context to relevant actions available from Web services.
· Information Bridge Metadata Service (MDS), which allows these Web services to expose the data, views, and actions embodied by the line-of-business applications.
· Information Bridge Metadata Designer, a plug-in for the Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET development system, for creating and managing solution metadata.
You can download the Resource Kit here
Now MSDN has got a cool page which displays all the cool reasons/ways to migrate applications from Java to C#.
The Interesting blocks are
C# Language for the Java Developer
Learn about the similarities and differences between C# and Java.
The State of Technology Adoption White Paper
From Recent edition of Economic Times
"What blogging and these notifications are about is that you make it very easy to communicate," Gates told executives gathered at Microsoft's headquarters for its annual CEO Summit.
The Original article is here
Umesh, one of the core member of MUGH and Technology Enthusiast started his Security blog here recently.
His recent opinion about security risks and Threats is simply cool..
and I have started my photo blog successfully with the help of Hello
Got this information from Abhishek
Service Performance Advisor is a server performance diagnostic tool developed to diagnose root causes of performance problems in a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 operating system, particularly performance problems for Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 and the Active Directory® directory service. Server Performance Advisor measures the performance and use of resources by your computer to report on the parts that are stressed under workload.
Other server roles include system overview (hot files, hot TCP clients, top CPU consumed), print spooler, context switch data and preliminary File Server trace data.
· Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
Do not install on Windows 2000 or Windows XP as neither are supported
Anand has created a page for all Indian MVP Blogs now...
A good one to bookmark :)