IssueVision != TaskVision
Just to beat back a little of the speculation, IssueVision is not TaskVision (the scenario is helpdesk vs task list -- close but not quite ;-).
I can tell you a little bit, however. IssueVision an entirely new code base, quite a bit richer in terms of features, and more solid in terms of best practices for data, security, deployment and patterns in Smart Client applications. We got a ton of great feedback from both RDs and Microsoft internal folks when writing it.
Some of the cool code snippets in it:
- Observer pattern for coordinating multiple views of data
- Nice 'occasionally connected' data flow for switching seamlessly between online/offline modes (like Outlook 2003)
- Nice scheme for downloading incremental updates to data, and merging them with the offline cache
- Secure offline data persistence (binary serialization, DPAPI)
- Storing a connection string securely with DPAPI ~and~ setting per-user in during installation
- Installing .NET security policy
- Web services security, pre-WSE 2.0
- Storing user passwords securely using Hash and Salt
- AppUpdater deployment project
For the Full Monty, you'll have to check it out at DevDays ;)