Finally found some time to blog. I have been programming for an “employer” for 6+ years. Now I find myself doing contract work (self employed). So basically I am clueless as to how I go about this income tax wise.
- Do I get a local business license?
- Do I just go on as I have been and save a certain percentage of my income for taxes?
- Do I file taxes just like have been?
- I hear I can write off expenses and such since I work out of my house. (which deserves an entry on its own)
- Should I be saving reciepts and such? :-)
I suspect some readers are in the same boat and have experience with this sort of thing. Self Employed Programmer. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?