Best Practices - Design
The following are some of the best practices that developers should employ while participating in Design
- Pay particular attention to the ways proposed application may impact the infrastructure or other dependent applications.
- Partner with your security/network engineer to design a security model.
- Use proven design patterns and technologies to mitigate the unknown risks
- Organize a high level design review
- Organize a detail application design review
- Design a solution for supplying test data to the components for unit testing
- A test driver should be designed to allow all of the public interfaces to be tested from a central location, rather than only being available as part of the application flow