Good CRM Resources
1. Microsoft VPC Software – Allows running a virtual machine, required for item 2 in this list
2. MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 VPC – A virtual machine that allows you to play with the application in a isolated environment. It is recommended to allocate at least 2 GB RAM for the virtual machine.
(Notice the expiration date, April 2009 which is past due, but the machine it still operational)
3. My blog dealing with various CRM issues, including a post about re-import data into the application to update existing records
4. Microsoft Dynamics Community – a huge portal for blogs, forums and communities for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
5. Email to case component – Converts email that arrives to a Queue into Case
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/02/19/e-mail-to-case-lead-using-crm-4-workflow.aspx (using the workflow)
http://c360.com/EmailToCase.aspx (This is not a free component)
6. Using the Reports Wizard tutorial
7. Implementation Guide – This document describes the planning and maintaining best practices of the application in depth.
8. Microsoft CRM Accelerators Program: These are Microsoft recommended ISV components which you can download and use free of charge. They supply useful functionality such as application notifications registration, Analytics and more
9. Example of how to use the workflow engine to perform a repeating scheduled task