I just got finished installing and setting up the full-text indexing of a pdf file for Sql Server 2005 December CTP Build. Here are the steps to getting it working (assuming you have a functioning table to store BLOB data).
- Remember that your table must have a BLOB field, such as a varbinary(max), and a column to specify the file type to the full-text index create index commands or the full-text index wizard in Sql Server Management Studio.
- Download and install the Adobe Acrobate PDF Filter. It is available at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2611.
- Execute the following commands against your Sql Server 2005 instance.
- sp_fulltext_service 'load_os_resources',1. This command tells the Microsoft Search Service to load OS specific wordbreakers, stemmers, and such.
- sp_fulltext_service 'verify_signature', 0. Do not verify that the binaries are signed.
- Bounce the Sql Server Service and MSFTESQL.
- Create your full-text index.
- Issue the necessary command(s) to (re)index.